Michael Jackson music worth Â£160 million stolen by hackers
2012 March 05 01:55:01 | 1316 Views
Michael Jackson in his heyday, promoting his album Bad. Photograph: Mark Elias/AP
- Ingabe ikuphatheleni i-MDC, njalo kusizani ukuyivotela? | 2013 May 13 17:03:55 | 3010 views
- Ikuphatheleni iMDC, kusiza ngani ukuyivotela? | 2013 May 08 19:28:47 | 2833 views
- MDC-T on course | 2013 March 27 14:05:12 | 6730 views
- People will vote for a party with sustainable economic programmes | 2013 March 04 02:36:52 | 7513 views
- Introducing: Election (2013) campaign articles | 2013 March 02 11:08:41 | 6093 views
- Lets support Bulawayo musicians | 2013 May 09 07:54:41
- 'Trial will expose Michael Jackson's ugly side' | 2013 May 01 19:47:07
- Mugabe meets Rev Jesse Jackson | 2013 May 01 14:42:00
- Big Brother Africa lures Zimbabwean musicians | 2013 April 22 08:55:42
- 11-day-old baby stolen in broad daylight | 2013 April 04 00:00:38
- DJ Black Coffee asks YFM to stop playing his music | 2013 April 20 21:15:43 | 28440 views
- 'Prophet Makandiwa's prophecy is a lie,' say Zhakata | 2013 January 22 10:38:00 | 15034 views
- Rihanna dresses in a see-through outfit showing her boobs - Photos | 2013 January 25 20:01:49 | 14070 views
- David Masondo and Deborah Fraser considering tying the knot | 2013 January 28 21:56:37 | 11490 views
- Oskido's Tsa Mandebele SA's hottest 2012 song | 2013 January 01 00:35:21 | 10095 views
It's alleged they downloaded more than 50,000 music files, in the biggest ever cyber attack on a music company.
The news comes just a year after Sony paid Â£250million for the seven-year rights to the songs following Jacko's death.
The contract with Jackson's estate also allowed them to release 10 new albums, including material from studio sessions produced during the making of some of the star's biggest albums.
The singer, who died in June 2009 at the age of 50, had recorded unreleased duets with artists ranging from the late Freddie Mercury and Black Eyed Peas singer Will.i.am.
In April the details of 77million gamers were stolen after Sony's PlayStation Network was hacked. The breach cost Sony Â£106million and hugely damaged their reputation.
The attack on the Jackson files occurred shortly afterwards but has not been revealed until now.
The hack was discovered during routine monitoring of social networking sites, Jackson fan sites and hacking forums.
A source close to the company said: "Everything Sony purchased from the Michael Jackson estate was compromised.
"It caused them to check their systems and they found the breach. There was a degree of sophistication.
"Sony identified the weakness and plugged the gap."
The hack has compromised the work of other artists managed by the firm, including songs by Jimi Hendrix, Paul Simon, Olly Murs, the Foo Fighters and Avril Lavigne.
The source added that the second breach happening so soon after the first "would have made investors and artists think, 'What other part of Sony isn't secure?'"
Last night Sony admitted there had been a security breach and that the Michael Jackson material had been stolen but refused to say how much the hackers downloaded.
A source within the company said that although the Jackson estate had been told about the hack the company did not have to make the knowledge public as there was no customer data involved.
They added that computer experts had traced the hack to the UK by examining a "fingerprint" allegedly left behind.
The Serious Organised Crime division took up the case and two men appeared in court last week charged with offences under the computer Misuse Act.
They denied all charges and were remanded on bail.
Source: The Sun
Staff reporter | 2013 May 22 | 854 Views
Joshua Mhambi | 2013 May 22 | 741 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 22 | 2011 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 22 | 1318 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 22 | 1359 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 22 | 2679 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 22 | 850 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 22 | 1848 Views
Business reporter | 2013 May 22 | 2137 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 22 | 1440 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 22 | 3416 Views
Business reporter | 2013 May 22 | 910 Views
Ben Chiganze | 2013 May 22 | 1468 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 22 | 1407 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 22 | 931 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 22 | 1755 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 22 | 943 Views
Prosper Ndlovu | 2013 May 22 | 1070 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 22 | 1351 Views
Court Reporter | 2013 May 22 | 1851 Views
Charles Laiton | 2013 May 22 | 1646 Views
Jairos Saunyama | 2013 May 22 | 1047 Views
Own Correspondent | 2013 May 22 | 2527 Views
blackvoicenews.com | 2013 May 22 | 1059 Views
Blessing Ivan Vava | 2013 May 21 | 1292 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 21 | 3935 Views
Moyo Roy | 2013 May 20 | 4845 Views
TMZ | 2013 May 20 | 2106 Views
Emmanuel Ndlovu | 2013 May 18 | 2144 Views
Arts reporter | 2013 May 17 | 2082 Views