DJ Sbu's debt woes
2011 January 17 13:56:59 | 745 Views
- Ingabe ikuphatheleni i-MDC, njalo kusizani ukuyivotela? | 2013 May 13 17:03:55 | 2597 views
- Ikuphatheleni iMDC, kusiza ngani ukuyivotela? | 2013 May 08 19:28:47 | 2659 views
- MDC-T on course | 2013 March 27 14:05:12 | 6551 views
- People will vote for a party with sustainable economic programmes | 2013 March 04 02:36:52 | 7303 views
- Introducing: Election (2013) campaign articles | 2013 March 02 11:08:41 | 5908 views
- DJ Tira returns to Bulawayo | 2013 April 17 08:48:02
- Mugabe pardons DJ Chilli after announcing that he is Malawian | 2013 April 09 16:33:13
- SA women married to Nigerians stage peaceful protest in Joburg | 2013 March 24 15:46:29
- DJ Tira dates Bulawayo fans tomorrow | 2013 February 15 08:50:56
- Girl (13) married to 57-year-old sangoma, police investigation widens | 2013 February 05 10:48:31
- DJ Black Coffee asks YFM to stop playing his music | 2013 April 20 21:15:43 | 28267 views
- 'Prophet Makandiwa's prophecy is a lie,' say Zhakata | 2013 January 22 10:38:00 | 14920 views
- Rihanna dresses in a see-through outfit showing her boobs - Photos | 2013 January 25 20:01:49 | 13883 views
- David Masondo and Deborah Fraser considering tying the knot | 2013 January 28 21:56:37 | 11372 views
- Oskido's Tsa Mandebele SA's hottest 2012 song | 2013 January 01 00:35:21 | 9980 views
Johannesburg - Recording label co-owner and Metro FM motormouth DJ Sbu will lose household and office items worth thousands of rands for non-payment of R85 022.56 in levies at the exclusive Borgo De Felice complex in Dainfern.
The complex’s body corporate was granted permission to sell the TS Records co-owner’s goods to recover the money.
Levies are used to pay a body corporate’s administrative expenses including repairs, upkeep, control, management, staff salaries and security, among other things.
DJ Sbu (real name Sibusiso Arthur Leope) co-owns TS Records with Thembinkosi Nciza, the husband of Afro-pop group Mafikizolo’s lead singer, Nhlanhla Nciza.
The 32-year-old DJ is supposed to pay R1 500 a month in levies.
Among the items to be sold “voetstoots” (as they are) are office desks and chairs, bar stools, a DStv decoder, computer equipment and music systems.
The sale will be held on January 25 at the sheriff’s office in Village Main, Johannesburg.
Legal action against DJ Sbu was instituted in April last year.
The Borgo De Felice body corporate was granted a default judgment against DJ Sbu at the Randburg Magistrate’s Court in June last year and the sale of execution notice was issued in December last year.
The body corporate’s lawyers, Biccari Bollo Mariano Inc, told City Press that DJ Sbu now owes substantially more for his levies.
“Mr Leope signed an acknowledgement of debt on or about June 10 2010 to settle the arrear levies in instalments over a period of six months, but reneged on the arrangement,” the firm said in response to a City Press inquiry.
DJ Sbu is a former YFM and Ukhozi FM breakfast show host.
He currently hosts Metro FM’s The Sound Revival on Saturday afternoons and is also rumoured to be the station’s next breakfast show host when changes are made in April.
DJ Sbu is no stranger to controversy.
In March 2009 he was involved in an accident in which one person was injured in Sandton, but he fled the scene before police arrived.
The mysterious accident came a few weeks after he had been suspended for playing a song that was not on YFM’s playlist.
He lost his Audi SA-sponsored TT Roadster when he was given a suspended sentence after he was caught speeding at nearly 260km/h in a 120km/h zone near the Grasmere toll plaza in December 2007.
DJ Sbu’s manager, Trevor Madondo, did not respond to messages left at his company, social media agency Flowa Mediasent and on his cellphone.
online | 2013 May 18 | 242 Views
Emmanuel Ndlovu | 2013 May 18 | 147 Views
Gideon Gono | 2013 May 18 | 223 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 18 | 638 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 18 | 262 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 18 | 649 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 18 | 841 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 18 | 1084 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 18 | 557 Views
Supersport | 2013 May 18 | 872 Views
AFP | 2013 May 18 | 1421 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 18 | 702 Views
Staff Reporter | 2013 May 18 | 857 Views
Staff Reporter | 2013 May 18 | 5359 Views
Staff Reporter | 2013 May 18 | 2498 Views
Staff Reporter | 2013 May 18 | 3863 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 18 | 1117 Views
Patrice Lumumba | 2013 May 18 | 2256 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 18 | 2154 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 18 | 1548 Views
Nathaniel Manheru | 2013 May 18 | 1226 Views
Bowden B.C. Mbanje and Darlington N. Mahuku | 2013 May 18 | 1245 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 18 | 1264 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 18 | 1876 Views
Emmanuel Ndlovu | 2013 May 18 | 147 Views
Arts reporter | 2013 May 17 | 1587 Views
Entertainment Correspondent | 2013 May 17 | 1860 Views
Moyo Roy | 2013 May 16 | 1777 Views
Vasco Shaya | 2013 May 16 | 3370 Views
Staff Reporter | 2013 May 15 | 1878 Views