Grace Mugabe happy with cancer fight in Zambia
2012 August 05 09:51:03 | 1301 Views
- Ingabe ikuphatheleni i-MDC, njalo kusizani ukuyivotela? | 2013 May 13 17:03:55 | 3208 views
- Ikuphatheleni iMDC, kusiza ngani ukuyivotela? | 2013 May 08 19:28:47 | 2932 views
- MDC-T on course | 2013 March 27 14:05:12 | 6861 views
- People will vote for a party with sustainable economic programmes | 2013 March 04 02:36:52 | 7681 views
- Introducing: Election (2013) campaign articles | 2013 March 02 11:08:41 | 6192 views
- Mugabe describes qualities for Bona's ideal hubby | 2013 May 26 15:34:00
- 'Mandela has gone too far in doing good to non-black communities,' says Mugabe | 2013 May 26 11:50:48
- Mugabe told Sally about extra marital affair with Grace | 2013 May 25 13:47:35
- Mugabes give rare glimpse into home life | 2013 May 25 14:58:12
- Mugabe arrives in Addis Ababa, | 2013 May 23 19:32:01
- Prostitute dies during love making, 'resurrects' in coffin | 2013 March 23 10:13:12 | 86639 views
- Woman sends photo of naked President Mugabe via Whatsapp | 2013 January 10 15:04:10 | 47424 views
- Zim woman who had sex with boyfriend as son watched named | 2013 January 31 09:05:43 | 45752 views
- Man marries mother-in-law after his wife died | 2013 January 16 11:05:42 | 31185 views
Mrs Mugabe who toured the Cancer Hospital with her Zambian counterpart, Dr Christine Kaseba, said the setting up of the Cancer Hospital by the Zambian Government was a good initiative as it would allow a lot of people access screening and treatment on time.
The Cancer Hospital is situated at the University Teaching Hospital (UTH).
"I must say I am impressed with Government's initiative to set up a cancer hospital because it will allow our women to get immediate attention. It might not be enough but it will help go a long way," Mrs Mugabe said.
She said the opening of the Cancer Hospital would also help other women in Africa to access treatment as the hospital, which was still
undergoing more infrastructural development, would become one of the biggest cancer centres on the continent.
She urged the Zambian Government to ensure the centre had enough skilled manpower to run the institution.
And Dr Kaseba who together with her entourage also visited the Young Women's Christian Association (YWCA) premises opposite UTH, said her office would help to assist two women who narrated their gender-based violence experiences at the hands of their husbands recently.
At YWCA, the First Ladies heard how two ladies, Sellina Banda, 56, and Emma Kapandula, 31, narrated how they suffered at the hands of their
husbands. The abuse of the two ended up in divorce after marriages of 33 and 16 years, respectively.
She said what Ms Banda and Ms Kapandula revealed should not be allowed to continue because it brought so much trauma to the children, the victims and the entire family.
And both First Ladies have since appealed to married women not to entirely depend on their husband's wealth but try to do something for
themselves in an event that they were divorced in order to be stable and continue supporting their children.
They also asked the victims not to relent in their prayers and ensure that women also offered help to support each other.
YWCA Director, Patricia Njovu appealed to the First Ladies to help the Association financially because it depended on handouts from well wishers.
The two First Ladies also donated an assortment of items to YWCA.
Staff reporter | 2013 May 26 | 1332 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 26 | 1876 Views
Ndou Paul | 2013 May 26 | 1118 Views
Staff Reporter | 2013 May 26 | 484 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 26 | 1087 Views
Mkhululi Mthunzi | 2013 May 26 | 1251 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 26 | 6010 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 26 | 4455 Views
Moyo Roy | 2013 May 26 | 3064 Views
Business reporter | 2013 May 26 | 778 Views
Sports reporter | 2013 May 26 | 1449 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 26 | 1965 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 26 | 3315 Views
zimbabwean | 2013 May 26 | 1002 Views
Moyo Roy | 2013 May 26 | 791 Views
Sunday Independent | 2013 May 26 | 1957 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 26 | 474 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 26 | 603 Views
Staff Reporter | 2013 May 26 | 624 Views
Collins Okinyo | 2013 May 26 | 705 Views
Staff Reporter | 2013 May 26 | 2479 Views
Noah Pito | 2013 May 26 | 1226 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 26 | 901 Views
Staff Reporter | 2013 May 26 | 592 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 26 | 2434 Views
Moyo Roy | 2013 May 26 | 4243 Views
Mtandazo Dube | 2013 May 26 | 1791 Views
Chenai Nyakunengwa Lifestyle Writer | 2013 May 25 | 3293 Views
Lifestyle Writer | 2013 May 25 | 645 Views
Staff Reporter | 2013 May 25 | 1055 Views