Facebook co-founder, Zuckerberg ties the knot
2012 May 20 09:27:12 | 1874 Views
- Ingabe ikuphatheleni i-MDC, njalo kusizani ukuyivotela? | 2013 May 13 17:03:55 | 3070 views
- Ikuphatheleni iMDC, kusiza ngani ukuyivotela? | 2013 May 08 19:28:47 | 2857 views
- MDC-T on course | 2013 March 27 14:05:12 | 6767 views
- People will vote for a party with sustainable economic programmes | 2013 March 04 02:36:52 | 7580 views
- Introducing: Election (2013) campaign articles | 2013 March 02 11:08:41 | 6120 views
- Facebook 'in talks to buy' Israeli navigation app Waze | 2013 May 12 10:52:30
- Facebook founder to visit Nigeria | 2013 April 13 12:44:54
- Facebook - South African user-base drop by 1 million | 2013 April 10 07:40:07
- 'Facebook Rapist' - jail term cut to 30yrs | 2013 April 05 18:29:17
- Facebook introduces new product 'Home' | 2013 April 04 21:25:47
- Prostitute dies during love making, 'resurrects' in coffin | 2013 March 23 10:13:12 | 85794 views
- Woman sends photo of naked President Mugabe via Whatsapp | 2013 January 10 15:04:10 | 46856 views
- Zim woman who had sex with boyfriend as son watched named | 2013 January 31 09:05:43 | 45221 views
- Man marries mother-in-law after his wife died | 2013 January 16 11:05:42 | 30802 views
The 28-year-old billionaire's wedding took place a day after Facebook's initial public offering on the Nasdaq stock exchange on Friday. More than 280 000 people "liked" Zuckerberg's status change, which was accompanied by a photo of the smiling couple in wedding attire in a small, verdant outdoor setting with a string of lights behind them.
In the photo, the famously casual Zuckerberg is wearing a dark blue suit and tie, a departure from his trademark "hoodie," while Chan has on a sleeveless white dress with lace overlay.
The pair wed in an intimate backyard ceremony in Palo Alto, California, according to People magazine. The couple had planned the exchange of vows for four months, but surprised their guests, who thought they were to celebrate Chan's recent graduation from medical school, the magazine reported.
Zuckerberg's sister, Arielle Zuckerberg, posted, "Balls. Now I'm the only unmarried Zuckerberg..." on her Facebook page. She is listed by Chan as a family member on the site.
Zuckerberg designed a simple ruby wedding ring for Chan himself, People reported. Guests dined on food from the couple's favourite restaurants, and nibbled on mouse-shaped chocolates that the pair ate on their first date nine years ago.
Tim Carvell, lead writer for "The Daily Show" with Jon Stewart, reacted to the news on Twitter, writing: "Congratulations, Mark Zuckerberg! As a gift, I got you the names of all my friends, a list of my favourite movies, and some photos of me!"
Met at Harvard
Zuckerberg, whose shares are worth nearly $20 billion and who retains voting control of Facebook, marked the debut of his company's stock at Facebook's Silicon Valley campus on Friday, symbolically ringing the opening bell for stock trading.
The IPO did not go as well as the social networking company had hoped, with shares closing just above the offering price of $38 a share after trading glitches and a last-minute, 25% increase in the number of shares being sold.
More than 576 million shares changed hands, setting a trading volume record for US market debuts. Facebook posted $3.7 billion in revenue in 2011 and $1 billion in profit. The site boasts 900 million global users.
Facebook's emergence as a cultural phenomenon was depicted in the fictionalised 2010 film "The Social Network."
Zuckerberg, Time magazine's Person of the Year in 2010, started Facebook in his Harvard University dorm room eight years ago, before dropping out of the Ivy League school. Chan just graduated from medical school at the University of California, San Francisco. The couple met while at Harvard.
Neither Zuckerberg nor Chan commented further about their marriage on their Facebook pages, and Facebook representatives did not immediately respond to e-mailed requests for comment on the wedding.
The couple adopted a Hungarian sheepdog named Beast a year ago, and live together in Palo Alto.
Moyo Roy | 2013 May 23 | 408 Views
Business reporter | 2013 May 23 | 109 Views
Vince Musewe | 2013 May 23 | 439 Views
Sapa | 2013 May 23 | 988 Views
Sapa | 2013 May 23 | 1071 Views
AFP | 2013 May 23 | 1266 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 23 | 2465 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 23 | 2586 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 23 | 2703 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 23 | 2231 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 23 | 2296 Views
Staff Reporter | 2013 May 23 | 1068 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 23 | 2883 Views
Gordon Rayner and Steven Swinford | 2013 May 23 | 1542 Views
Liberty Dube | 2013 May 23 | 2451 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 23 | 1950 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 23 | 2861 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 23 | 2340 Views
Daily Graphic | 2013 May 23 | 1948 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 23 | 1973 Views
Sunday World | 2013 May 23 | 2998 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 23 | 2207 Views
Robert Mugabe | 2013 May 23 | 1583 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 23 | 1841 Views
Moyo Roy | 2013 May 23 | 91 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 23 | 572 Views
Blessing Ivan Vava | 2013 May 21 | 1747 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 21 | 4536 Views
Moyo Roy | 2013 May 20 | 5654 Views
TMZ | 2013 May 20 | 2357 Views