Free Zimbabwe Global Protest - Round 7
2012 July 04 10:14:19 | 841 Views
- Ingabe ikuphatheleni i-MDC, njalo kusizani ukuyivotela? | 2013 May 13 17:03:55 | 3064 views
- Ikuphatheleni iMDC, kusiza ngani ukuyivotela? | 2013 May 08 19:28:47 | 2855 views
- MDC-T on course | 2013 March 27 14:05:12 | 6763 views
- People will vote for a party with sustainable economic programmes | 2013 March 04 02:36:52 | 7577 views
- Introducing: Election (2013) campaign articles | 2013 March 02 11:08:41 | 6115 views
- Air Zimbabwe flies 12 passengers to SA on board the Boeing 737 | 2013 May 17 06:44:10
- South Africa's Freedom Day | 2013 May 16 08:29:21
- 'Freedom of City' issue to be discussed in today's council meeting | 2013 May 08 06:44:00
- MDC-T solidarity message on World Press Freedom Day | 2013 May 02 19:10:55
- Zimbabweans will get what they expect | 2013 May 02 10:14:13
- Prostitute dies during love making, 'resurrects' in coffin | 2013 March 23 10:13:12 | 85722 views
- Woman sends photo of naked President Mugabe via Whatsapp | 2013 January 10 15:04:10 | 46832 views
- Zim woman who had sex with boyfriend as son watched named | 2013 January 31 09:05:43 | 45165 views
- Man marries mother-in-law after his wife died | 2013 January 16 11:05:42 | 30773 views
The 21st Movement's Free Zimbabwe Global Campaign has grown in leaps and bounds from its humble beginnings in January this year. The efforts to put pressure on South African President Jacob Zuma as the Facilitator to the GPA and on SADC as the guarantors of the GPA have paid huge dividends as evidenced by the positive outcome at the June 01, 2012 SADC Summit in Luanda, Angola where it was resolved that there will be no elections in Zimbabwe before the full implementation of the GPA reforms which should lead to free, fair and indisputable elections.
The 21st Movement is a nimble, versatile, and flexible organisation that reacts to political events as they unfold in Zimbabwe and elsewhere where Zimbabwe is directly or indirectly affected. The focus of the protests should now be elevated to deal with the stumbling blocks that stand in the way of Zimbabwe's democratization process.
The elephant in the room at this juncture is the militarization of the state by Zanu-PF, which is funded by the illegal looting of the Marange diamonds. We have a duty to stop this militarization process.
Round 7 will target the United Nations Conference on the Arms Trade Treaty that is taking place at the UN Headquarters in NY. From 2-27 July, all countries of the world will come together in New York to negotiate what is seen as the most important initiative ever regarding conventional arms regulation within the United Nations. A robust arms trade treaty can make a difference for millions of people confronted with insecurity, deprivation and fear. Zimbabwe is firmly in this category of countries.
The Movement will picket strongly against trade in arms for countries that are in conflict, especially Zimbabwe where the minority Zanu-PF is stockpiling arms to use against the citizens during and after the forthcoming elections. The Movement aims to bring awareness to all countries of the world gathered in New York that trading arms with Zimbabwe at this moment is complicit to murder of innocent civilians wishing to exercise their democratic and human rights. Petitions will be delivered to the UN demanding a peacekeeping force and or international election monitors before and after the elections.
Since this month's Protest day falls on a Saturday, all members in the US, supporters and sympathizers should converge in New York for this historic event. Others are encouraged to march at all UN Offices Worldwide.
Do not watch things happening let alone wonder what has happened. Be part of the growing global movement.
Spread the message. Lets finish it.
Source: Den Moyo
AFP | 2013 May 23 | 839 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 23 | 1758 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 23 | 1948 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 23 | 1925 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 23 | 1627 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 23 | 1660 Views
Staff Reporter | 2013 May 23 | 812 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 23 | 2254 Views
Gordon Rayner and Steven Swinford | 2013 May 23 | 1194 Views
Liberty Dube | 2013 May 23 | 1938 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 23 | 1531 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 23 | 2304 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 23 | 1940 Views
Daily Graphic | 2013 May 23 | 1574 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 23 | 1721 Views
Sunday World | 2013 May 23 | 2496 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 23 | 1794 Views
Robert Mugabe | 2013 May 23 | 1288 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 23 | 1513 Views
Court reporter | 2013 May 23 | 1295 Views
Sports reporter | 2013 May 23 | 2577 Views
Pauline Mhuka | 2013 May 23 | 1044 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 23 | 967 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 23 | 985 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 23 | 306 Views
Blessing Ivan Vava | 2013 May 21 | 1703 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 21 | 4485 Views
Moyo Roy | 2013 May 20 | 5557 Views
TMZ | 2013 May 20 | 2320 Views
Emmanuel Ndlovu | 2013 May 18 | 2247 Views
Arts reporter | 2013 May 17 | 2130 Views
Entertainment Correspondent | 2013 May 17 | 2993 Views
Moyo Roy | 2013 May 16 | 2305 Views