Vengeful husband burns wife's designer clothes
- Ingabe ikuphatheleni i-MDC, njalo kusizani ukuyivotela? | 2013 May 13 17:03:55 | 2879 views
- Ikuphatheleni iMDC, kusiza ngani ukuyivotela? | 2013 May 08 19:28:47 | 2792 views
- MDC-T on course | 2013 March 27 14:05:12 | 6691 views
- People will vote for a party with sustainable economic programmes | 2013 March 04 02:36:52 | 7472 views
- Introducing: Election (2013) campaign articles | 2013 March 02 11:08:41 | 6052 views
- Prostitute dies during love making, 'resurrects' in coffin | 2013 March 23 10:13:12 | 84922 views
- Woman sends photo of naked President Mugabe via Whatsapp | 2013 January 10 15:04:10 | 46406 views
- Zim woman who had sex with boyfriend as son watched named | 2013 January 31 09:05:43 | 44842 views
- Man marries mother-in-law after his wife died | 2013 January 16 11:05:42 | 30515 views
Darrell Plews, 44, from the UK burned Â£5,000 worth of
Michelleâ€™s designer gear after she married her Gambian lover. Plews,
piled bags, shoes and clothes on the patio and set the lot on fire.
Plews had tried to win back estranged Michelle after she went on holiday to Gambia without him, met a new man and asked for a divorce.
She rejected his pleas to try again and he was given a restraining order. The dad of two flew into a rage after hearing she went back to Gambia to marry. She was still wed to Plews, of Wakefield, but did not break Gambian laws.
His lawyer Richard Canning told Leeds Crown Court: â€œHe finds it difficult not to see himself as the victim.â€
Shop fitter Plews, now divorced, admitted arson and theft. He was jailed for 12 months, suspended for two years, and ordered to pay compensation to Michelle, 35.
He said later: â€œI burned her wedding dress first. There was also stuff by Gucci, Jimmy Choo, Vivienne Westwood â€” 50 handbags and 100 pairs of shoes. It helped my anger.â€