Joshua Nkomo was a weak leader says Enos Nkala
2012 July 03 08:48:29 | 2136 Views
- Ingabe ikuphatheleni i-MDC, njalo kusizani ukuyivotela? | 2013 May 13 17:03:55 | 2585 views
- Ikuphatheleni iMDC, kusiza ngani ukuyivotela? | 2013 May 08 19:28:47 | 2650 views
- MDC-T on course | 2013 March 27 14:05:12 | 6543 views
- People will vote for a party with sustainable economic programmes | 2013 March 04 02:36:52 | 7296 views
- Introducing: Election (2013) campaign articles | 2013 March 02 11:08:41 | 5901 views
- Group declares 1 July a public holiday in honour of Dr Joshua Nkomo | 2013 May 16 21:09:21
- Mugabe arrives in Bulawayo for Nkomo's memorial service | 2013 May 12 00:41:23
- Teaching materials shortage hits JM Nkomo Polytechnic | 2013 May 08 10:27:17
- Zanu-PF shuns ailing Nkala | 2013 April 11 14:42:27
- Enos Nkala discharged from hospital | 2013 April 10 08:49:17
- Prostitute dies during love making, 'resurrects' in coffin | 2013 March 23 10:13:12 | 83642 views
- Woman sends photo of naked President Mugabe via Whatsapp | 2013 January 10 15:04:10 | 45614 views
- Zim woman who had sex with boyfriend as son watched named | 2013 January 31 09:05:43 | 44269 views
- Man marries mother-in-law after his wife died | 2013 January 16 11:05:42 | 30026 views
In an exclusive interview with the Radio Voice of the People, Nkala, said before leaving Zapu and forming Zanu-PF in his house as the then Treasurer General of the party, they consulted the late VP Nkomo on several occasions but he did not favour the idea of confronting the whites.
"I as Nkala thought Dr Nkomo was a weak leader and when we wanted to depart from rally politics and look for weapons and send youths for training to China and other countries, our leader was reluctant. He was not militant enough for us the young generation.
"We wanted a militant leader who focused on the struggle. Someone who would fight and not negotiate with Smith....This caused a kind of disaffection we felt disaffected by Joshua. l was one of those who agitated for a break away from Zapu to dispose of Dr Joshua and look for a new leader. It was painful and it was not easy for a leader to step down when asked to do so. It is the reason why we decided to from Zanu-PF," said Nkala.
"We spoke to him (the late Joshua Nkomo) on several occasions but he did not act. It is the reason why as youths we went to my house in High-field to form Zanu-PF because we were fed up with Zapu politics of dilly darling. We put Tekere as SG (secretary general) and, Ndabaningi Sithole as the President..."
Nkala claims that the formation of Zanu-PF did not go down well with the Ndebele people as well as the fact that he criticised the late Nkomo openly.
"My break away from Zapu and criticising Dr Nkomo openly earned me what people call me today but l don't regret what l did for this is what make me Nkala. The good thing is that l meet with ex-Zapu members and Zipra forces, we are still good friends. When you are in the struggle there is no need to be loved by anyone for it is impossible to please every person you work with," said Nkala.
Nkala is now a retired politician although he is not in good health due to age. He has since left for South Africa for a medical check-up and is expected back in the country end of July.
Staff Reporter | 2013 May 18 | 1095 Views
Staff Reporter | 2013 May 18 | 832 Views
Staff Reporter | 2013 May 18 | 1605 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 18 | 576 Views
Patrice Lumumba | 2013 May 18 | 1323 Views
Thulani Nkala | 2013 May 18 | 601 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 18 | 1161 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 18 | 896 Views
Nathaniel Manheru | 2013 May 18 | 670 Views
Bowden B.C. Mbanje and Darlington N. Mahuku | 2013 May 18 | 650 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 18 | 662 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 18 | 1038 Views
Arts reporter | 2013 May 18 | 894 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 18 | 801 Views
Court Reporter | 2013 May 18 | 729 Views
Sports reporter | 2013 May 18 | 1164 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 18 | 628 Views
Ndou Paul | 2013 May 18 | 844 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 18 | 1196 Views
AP | 2013 May 18 | 1471 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 18 | 1772 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 18 | 1168 Views
STaff reporter | 2013 May 18 | 1009 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 18 | 857 Views
Arts reporter | 2013 May 17 | 1461 Views
Entertainment Correspondent | 2013 May 17 | 1711 Views
Moyo Roy | 2013 May 16 | 1697 Views
Vasco Shaya | 2013 May 16 | 3244 Views
Staff Reporter | 2013 May 15 | 1831 Views
Arts Correspondent | 2013 May 14 | 2608 Views
Carter Chapwanya | 2013 May 14 | 2212 Views
Own Correspondent | 2013 May 14 | 1343 Views
Arts reporter | 2013 May 12 | 3282 Views