Man fatally axes wife for 'bragging' about rich boyfriend
2012 August 11 07:03:34 | 5704 Views
- Ingabe ikuphatheleni i-MDC, njalo kusizani ukuyivotela? | 2013 May 13 17:03:55 | 2595 views
- Ikuphatheleni iMDC, kusiza ngani ukuyivotela? | 2013 May 08 19:28:47 | 2659 views
- MDC-T on course | 2013 March 27 14:05:12 | 6551 views
- People will vote for a party with sustainable economic programmes | 2013 March 04 02:36:52 | 7302 views
- Introducing: Election (2013) campaign articles | 2013 March 02 11:08:41 | 5908 views
- Zimbabwe to hike mining taxes to bankroll elections | 2013 May 02 09:11:31
- Vehicle veers off the road, rams into house, kills three | 2013 April 26 06:27:52
- Dad kills daughter for begging him not to beat up mum | 2013 March 13 09:57:16
- Man kills his girlfriend and her lover | 2013 February 11 16:51:50
- 80-year-old man kills wife, commits suicide | 2013 February 11 02:55:18
- Prostitute dies during love making, 'resurrects' in coffin | 2013 March 23 10:13:12 | 83833 views
- Woman sends photo of naked President Mugabe via Whatsapp | 2013 January 10 15:04:10 | 45672 views
- Zim woman who had sex with boyfriend as son watched named | 2013 January 31 09:05:43 | 44296 views
- Man marries mother-in-law after his wife died | 2013 January 16 11:05:42 | 30066 views
A Bulawayo man from Lobengula West suburb reportedly fatally axed his 23-year-old wife after she allegedly "bragged" to him that she had a richer boyfriend.
The man, identified by police as Milton Dube (24), allegedly committed the crime in front of his one-year-old daughter and left the child with the body.
The child was later found crying while cuddling the body.
He allegedly committed the crime at his mother-in-law's homestead in rural Nkayi on Tuesday at about 2am.
Police tracked down Dube who had escaped into a nearby bush after the offence, and arrested him.
Matabeleland North police spokesperson Inspector Billie Dube confirmed the incident yesterday.
â€œMilton Dube reportedly had a fight with his wife Ntombiyenkosi Sibanda of Tshudini Sibanda homestead, Dobhane Village in the Sebumane area of Nkayi. She reportedly told him she had a rich boyfriend as they prepared to sleep in their bedroom hut on Monday.
"Their daughter was sleeping with them," said Insp Dube.
He said the couple quarrelled over the issue, until they fell asleep.
"At about 2am, Dube allegedly woke up, took an axe and struck his sleeping wife on the lower part of the right ear. She died on the spot. Dube then took to his heels and disappeared into a nearby bush," he said.
Insp Dube said Dube's mother-in-law, Ms Miriam Nkomo, heard the child crying incessantly at about 4am and was eventually forced to go and find out what was wrong.
"She found her daughter dead, with her granddaughter crying next to the body. Ms Nkomo made a report at Sebumane Police Post. Police attended the scene and managed to track down Dube and arrested him," he said.
Insp Dube said Nkomoâ€™s body was taken to Mpilo Central Hospital for a post-mortem, while Dube is expected to appear in court soon.
He urged people to settle disputes without resorting to violence.
"Violence never helps anyone. This little girl is now likely to grow up without parents as her mother is dead and her father might go to prison for a long time.
She may have to grow up with the trauma and stigma of her father killing her mother. All this could have been avoided through dialogue," said Insp Dube.
He said couples should approach the police, elders, religious or traditional leaders for guidance whenever they had problems, to avoid unnecessary bloodshed in misunderstandings.
SDtaff reporter | 2013 May 18 | 21 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 18 | 43 Views
Supersport | 2013 May 18 | 163 Views
AFP | 2013 May 18 | 606 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 18 | 279 Views
Staff Reporter | 2013 May 18 | 571 Views
Staff Reporter | 2013 May 18 | 490 Views
Staff Reporter | 2013 May 18 | 4711 Views
Staff Reporter | 2013 May 18 | 2164 Views
Staff Reporter | 2013 May 18 | 3358 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 18 | 979 Views
Patrice Lumumba | 2013 May 18 | 2041 Views
Thulani Nkala | 2013 May 18 | 945 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 18 | 1880 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 18 | 1352 Views
Nathaniel Manheru | 2013 May 18 | 1068 Views
Bowden B.C. Mbanje and Darlington N. Mahuku | 2013 May 18 | 1060 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 18 | 1103 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 18 | 1682 Views
Arts reporter | 2013 May 18 | 1517 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 18 | 1200 Views
Court Reporter | 2013 May 18 | 1053 Views
Sports reporter | 2013 May 18 | 1793 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 18 | 951 Views
Arts reporter | 2013 May 17 | 1552 Views
Entertainment Correspondent | 2013 May 17 | 1803 Views
Moyo Roy | 2013 May 16 | 1748 Views
Vasco Shaya | 2013 May 16 | 3335 Views
Staff Reporter | 2013 May 15 | 1861 Views
Arts Correspondent | 2013 May 14 | 2637 Views
Carter Chapwanya | 2013 May 14 | 2225 Views
Own Correspondent | 2013 May 14 | 1351 Views
Arts reporter | 2013 May 12 | 3298 Views