Welshman Ncube castigates Bulawayo city fathers
2012 April 30 11:08:47 | 1241 Views
- Ingabe ikuphatheleni i-MDC, njalo kusizani ukuyivotela? | 2013 May 13 17:03:55 | 2650 views
- Ikuphatheleni iMDC, kusiza ngani ukuyivotela? | 2013 May 08 19:28:47 | 2681 views
- MDC-T on course | 2013 March 27 14:05:12 | 6568 views
- People will vote for a party with sustainable economic programmes | 2013 March 04 02:36:52 | 7345 views
- Introducing: Election (2013) campaign articles | 2013 March 02 11:08:41 | 5924 views
- Welshman Ncube making inroads in Mashonaland East | 2013 May 19 09:43:23
- Welshman Ncube: Udubo! - Video | 2013 May 06 19:26:29
- Ncube mocks Makandiwa | 2013 May 05 14:54:25
- Can Professor Welshman Ncube and MDC rule Zimbabwe? | 2013 April 30 11:45:53
- Welshman Ncube accuses Tsvangirai of flip-flopping on election dates | 2013 April 29 12:33:39
- Prostitute dies during love making, 'resurrects' in coffin | 2013 March 23 10:13:12 | 83977 views
- Woman sends photo of naked President Mugabe via Whatsapp | 2013 January 10 15:04:10 | 45778 views
- Zim woman who had sex with boyfriend as son watched named | 2013 January 31 09:05:43 | 44412 views
- Man marries mother-in-law after his wife died | 2013 January 16 11:05:42 | 30182 views
The Bulawayo City Council could lose the two landmark buildings after they were used as collateral for vehicle loans for senior council managers with Kingdom Bank.
Addressing members of his party at a rally in Sizinda, the MDC president said the conduct of the city council, dominated by councillors from the MDC-T, showed that voters should not resort to protest voting.
"The question is who do we try now because there are a number of them you have tried and they have failed. You voted for them but now they went and borrowed $5 million as loans, which they are now failing to pay back and now want to sell Bulawayo.
"Would you say that is an alternative Government, honestly you cannot experiment with such people simply because you hate Mugabe. This is like somebody who is drowning and sees a serpent and asks it to save him."
Prof Ncube said the country had abundant resources but had no proper leadership to utilise the resources for the benefit of the general public.
He said his party was ready for elections but said there should be implementation of the Global Political Agreement Roadmap before elections are held.
"Zimbabwe is the richest country in the world with our rich mineral deposits like platinum, diamonds which contribute about 25 percent of the world's deposits, we are second to South Africa in terms of gold deposits, we have the best land, vegetation and education. Manje kuswelakalani?
"We have everything needed to succeed but we do not have leadership. The failure of Zimbabwe is failure of leadership. We have no leadership to lead us to build the country," said Prof Ncube.
He said his party was ready for elections.
"We cannot have elections before the roadmap is implemented. First there should be free media and freedom and once that happens we can have elections even next week," said Prof Ncube.
The party's chairperson for the women's league, Mrs Thandiwe Mlilo, likened the people of Matabeleland them to pigs and dogs that were second citizens to their masters.
She said people of Matabeleland were comfortable with being deputies in any higher leadership position and that put them in a sorry state.
"When I see a pig I feel pity for it, when I see a dog I feel for it and when I see a Ndebele person I feel sorry for him too. Does being Ndebele mean being deputy. A dog does not get into the house but waits for visitors outside and even if you bathe a pig it will remain a pig," said Mrs Mlilo.
"Today we are here to wash you Ndebele people and put a necktie on you. I come from a place where I always hear people from Harare saying Ndebeles are a minority, you are not a minority, so why do you want to vote for Shonas?
"Even here in Sizinda you now take your nephews who are not Ndebele and say they should vote for Shonas because you want them to be deputies on your behalf. Are you bewitched, if you are hambani liyehlanziswa, why are you always visitors in your own area? Maybe you can tell me where it is written that being Ndebele means deputy."
The party's national treasurer, Mr Paul Themba Nyathi labelled MDC-T leader, Prime Minister Morgan Tsvangirai a son-in-law of Zanu-PF, saying his recent engagement to Ms Elizabeth Macheka meant he was apologetic to Zanu-PF.
Bekezela Maduma Fuzwayo | 2013 May 19 | 478 Views
Eyewitness News | 2013 May 19 | 724 Views
Staff Reporter | 2013 May 19 | 609 Views
Sapa-AFP | 2013 May 19 | 402 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 19 | 371 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 19 | 318 Views
Sports reporter | 2013 May 19 | 321 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 19 | 572 Views
Harmony Agere | 2013 May 19 | 459 Views
Alex Bell | 2013 May 19 | 313 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 19 | 462 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 19 | 458 Views
David Magagula | 2013 May 19 | 504 Views
Happymore Sibanda | 2013 May 19 | 437 Views
AFP | 2013 May 19 | 472 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 19 | 517 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 19 | 330 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 19 | 1124 Views
Staff Reporter | 2013 May 19 | 639 Views
Staff Reporter | 2013 May 19 | 577 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 18 | 3179 Views
Moyo Roy | 2013 May 18 | 1735 Views
Staff Reporter | 2013 May 18 | 3099 Views
Sports reporter | 2013 May 18 | 1324 Views
Emmanuel Ndlovu | 2013 May 18 | 1178 Views
Arts reporter | 2013 May 17 | 1723 Views
Entertainment Correspondent | 2013 May 17 | 2076 Views
Moyo Roy | 2013 May 16 | 1910 Views
Vasco Shaya | 2013 May 16 | 3540 Views
Staff Reporter | 2013 May 15 | 1937 Views