Constitution delay necessitating elections - Zanu-PF
2012 May 16 08:23:02 | 929 Views
- Ingabe ikuphatheleni i-MDC, njalo kusizani ukuyivotela? | 2013 May 13 17:03:55 | 2949 views
- Ikuphatheleni iMDC, kusiza ngani ukuyivotela? | 2013 May 08 19:28:47 | 2816 views
- MDC-T on course | 2013 March 27 14:05:12 | 6711 views
- People will vote for a party with sustainable economic programmes | 2013 March 04 02:36:52 | 7496 views
- Introducing: Election (2013) campaign articles | 2013 March 02 11:08:41 | 6077 views
- Zimbabwe's finance assistance request should be directed to Sadc | 2013 May 21 20:16:16
- Zanu-PF buying votes in UZ SRC elections | 2013 May 21 14:32:30
- MDC-T mayor struck off voters' roll | 2013 May 20 09:48:46
- Elections cannot be held before August 14, says Ncube | 2013 May 20 07:56:19
- Mugabe is probably a genius, he wants your hard earned moolah | 2013 May 19 20:35:03
- Prostitute dies during love making, 'resurrects' in coffin | 2013 March 23 10:13:12 | 85070 views
- Woman sends photo of naked President Mugabe via Whatsapp | 2013 January 10 15:04:10 | 46480 views
- Zim woman who had sex with boyfriend as son watched named | 2013 January 31 09:05:43 | 44901 views
- Man marries mother-in-law after his wife died | 2013 January 16 11:05:42 | 30558 views
Khaya Moyo yesterday said Copac drivers were deliberately ignoring people's views and instead smuggling views that were rejected during the outreach programme.
He made the remarks at a meeting with Norwegian ambassador to Zimbabwe Ingebjorg Stofring.
"If these delays continue, the President can go ahead and dissolve Parliament to pave way for elections using the current Constitution," Cde Khaya Moyo said.
"We cannot continue with this dilly-dallying and shilly-shallying. The President is mandated by the Constitution to dissolve Parliament and call for elections. It has taken too long for the Constitution to be completed."
Khaya Moyo said the delays were caused by some foreigners who wanted to influence the outcome of the Constitution. He said most of the views expressed by the people during the Copac outreach programme had been ignored.
"Virtually all the things people said have been ignored. Instead, they (drafters) are now throwing things into the Constitution whose origin is not known. We believe those things being put in the Constitution are from foreigners who have interests in our internal affairs. We are a country that is operating under a Constitution and we can hold elections using that Constitution because we have been having elections every five years since 1980 using the Constitution. The maximum we can go without elections is March next year because the Constitution says we should have elections after every five years."
Khaya Moyo said the inclusive Government has outlived its tenure.
Zimbabwe, Khaya Moyo said, will not allow foreigners to interfere with the holding of elections because it is a sovereign State.
Khaya Moyo castigated Norway for aligning with the European Union in imposing illegal sanctions on Zimbabwe irrespective of the cordial relations that existed between the two countries since the liberation struggle. He said it was good that the EU realised that the illegal sanctions they imposed on Zimbabwe were unjustified hence their call for dialogue.
"However, there is nothing to be excited about the meeting that was held in Brussels last week because we didn't deserve those sanctions anyway. They are illegal, but we know the issue was about regime change, but our people will not allow that. They are resilient because of what they went through to liberate themselves so they would not want to go through that again," he said.
Ambassador Stofring said their decision to impose the illegal sanctions on Zimbabwe was influenced by their relationship with the EU.
"We are not a member of the EU but most countries that make up the EU are very important to us so we align ourselves with the EU on decisions. We are, however, questioning the impact of sanctions because we believe it is easy to impose sanctions but difficult to remove them."
Staff Reporter | 2013 May 21 | 956 Views
Staff Reporter | 2013 May 21 | 560 Views
Staff Reporter | 2013 May 21 | 984 Views
Staff Reporter | 2013 May 21 | 1043 Views
Mongezi Mpofu | 2013 May 21 | 1527 Views
Ndou Paul | 2013 May 21 | 979 Views
Mafu Sithabile | 2013 May 21 | 1377 Views
Ndou Paul | 2013 May 21 | 765 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 21 | 699 Views
Sports reporter | 2013 May 21 | 1724 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 21 | 4389 Views
Staff Reporter | 2013 May 21 | 4477 Views
Francis Mufambi | 2013 May 21 | 1595 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 21 | 3160 Views
Theafricareport | 2013 May 21 | 2296 Views
The Associated Press | 2013 May 21 | 1919 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 21 | 2435 Views
Own Correspondent | 2013 May 21 | 3748 Views
realbuzz.com | 2013 May 21 | 2647 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 21 | 5638 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 21 | 1816 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 21 | 2526 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 21 | 2059 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 21 | 2614 Views
Blessing Ivan Vava | 2013 May 21 | 976 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 21 | 3516 Views
Moyo Roy | 2013 May 20 | 4429 Views
TMZ | 2013 May 20 | 1989 Views
Emmanuel Ndlovu | 2013 May 18 | 2073 Views
Arts reporter | 2013 May 17 | 2057 Views