Woman arrested after tithing with fraudulent US$6,000
2012 June 03 18:55:39 | 2002 Views
- Ingabe ikuphatheleni i-MDC, njalo kusizani ukuyivotela? | 2013 May 13 17:03:55 | 2862 views
- Ikuphatheleni iMDC, kusiza ngani ukuyivotela? | 2013 May 08 19:28:47 | 2790 views
- MDC-T on course | 2013 March 27 14:05:12 | 6689 views
- People will vote for a party with sustainable economic programmes | 2013 March 04 02:36:52 | 7465 views
- Introducing: Election (2013) campaign articles | 2013 March 02 11:08:41 | 6047 views
- Star FM DJ arrested on murder charge | 2013 May 20 02:35:11
- MDC-T MP bail revoked, locked up | 2013 May 17 05:59:06
- Police inspector arrested for selling a police ID | 2013 May 16 08:38:22
- Voter awareness campaigners arrested | 2013 May 12 19:32:39
- 7 arrested after fighting at MDC-T meeting | 2013 May 11 06:49:25
- Prostitute dies during love making, 'resurrects' in coffin | 2013 March 23 10:13:12 | 84894 views
- Woman sends photo of naked President Mugabe via Whatsapp | 2013 January 10 15:04:10 | 46390 views
- Zim woman who had sex with boyfriend as son watched named | 2013 January 31 09:05:43 | 44829 views
- Man marries mother-in-law after his wife died | 2013 January 16 11:05:42 | 30508 views
Martha Chiseko, was sentenced to a 10-month wholly suspended jail term when she appeared before Mutare magistrate, Mrs Annie Ndiraya last week. She was convicted on her own plea of guilty. The jail-term was suspended on condition that Chiseko restitutes the complainant, Tendai Dumbura, the outstanding balance of US$14,000.
Appearing for the State, Mr Walter Saunyama said Chiseko took advantage of her husband, Panganayi Kalongoma who is in South Africa and sold the stand.
"Chiseko and her husband, panganayi Kalongoma jointly own Stand number 7414 Fairbridge park, which is registered in their names under Deed Number 100406Al. In April, Chiseko placed an advert in the press saying she was selling the stand and this was done without the consent and knowledge of her husband. On 14 April, Chiseko was approached by Dumbura (34) who was intending to purchase the stand," he said.
Mr Saunyama said Chiseko showed Dumbura the title deeds of the stand which were registered in their names. Chiseko then went on to misrepresent to Dumbura that she was mandated by her husband to dispose the stand for $20,000.
"Dumbura was interested in buying the stand and they reached an agreement of sale. He released money to Chiseko through Magadza, Chinzamba and Partners legal Practitioners, facilitating the change of ownership," he added.
The court heard that Chiseko also made Dumbura to believe her husband would come on 14 May to sign the agreement of sale and facilitate the change of ownership. Dumbura told the court that he inquired from Chiseko on several times about the issue of having her husband ratify the agreement of sale, but Chiseko became evasive and made excuses for when her husband would come to complete the sale of the stand.
"This prompted me to seek details of her husband, whom I contacted in South Africa. He told me that he had not mandated Chiseko to sell the stand hence the change of ownership could not be effected," Dumbura revealed.
He then approached Chiseko to reverse the deal, but to no avail, prompting him to make a police report. It was established that US6,000 of the money that Chiseko received was given to Celebration Church where it was subsequently recovered. Chiseko also invested the other US$10,000 with Capital Base Savings and Credit Society in Mutare.
In her defence, Chiseko said she wanted to pay her utility bills since they had gone for four years without being settled.
"Your Worship, my net pay is US$280, so I am failing to meet the cost of my utility bills. I was intending to use part of the money to pay my water and electricity bills since it's been long without paying them," she explained.
Sports reporter | 2013 May 21 | 421 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 21 | 1980 Views
Staff Reporter | 2013 May 21 | 2082 Views
Francis Mufambi | 2013 May 21 | 687 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 21 | 1422 Views
Theafricareport | 2013 May 21 | 1078 Views
The Associated Press | 2013 May 21 | 964 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 21 | 1520 Views
Own Correspondent | 2013 May 21 | 2474 Views
realbuzz.com | 2013 May 21 | 2176 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 21 | 4299 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 21 | 1311 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 21 | 1855 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 21 | 1519 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 21 | 1942 Views
Mutumwa Mawere | 2013 May 21 | 2102 Views
Abel Zhakata in MUTARE | 2013 May 21 | 1439 Views
Daily News | 2013 May 21 | 2448 Views
Sports Reporter | 2013 May 21 | 2064 Views
Sports reporter | 2013 May 21 | 1619 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 21 | 2260 Views
New Ziana. | 2013 May 21 | 978 Views
New Ziana. | 2013 May 21 | 1343 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 21 | 1224 Views
Blessing Ivan Vava | 2013 May 21 | 410 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 21 | 2640 Views
Moyo Roy | 2013 May 20 | 3734 Views
TMZ | 2013 May 20 | 1805 Views
Emmanuel Ndlovu | 2013 May 18 | 1965 Views
Arts reporter | 2013 May 17 | 2024 Views