Dead man's avenging spirit kills 15 family members
2012 June 21 10:16:07 | 5087 Views
- Ingabe ikuphatheleni i-MDC, njalo kusizani ukuyivotela? | 2013 May 13 17:03:55 | 2992 views
- Ikuphatheleni iMDC, kusiza ngani ukuyivotela? | 2013 May 08 19:28:47 | 2828 views
- MDC-T on course | 2013 March 27 14:05:12 | 6724 views
- People will vote for a party with sustainable economic programmes | 2013 March 04 02:36:52 | 7506 views
- Introducing: Election (2013) campaign articles | 2013 March 02 11:08:41 | 6084 views
- Man butchers daughter to death during fight with wife | 2013 May 22 06:20:43
- Man arrested for slitting his children's throats | 2013 May 19 18:44:06
- Man kills mother, dries and stores her remains for 10 years | 2013 May 18 23:44:15
- Man (27) accused of killing 10-year-old Rugare girl appears in court | 2013 May 18 13:02:00
- Businessman in court for threatening to kill ex-lover | 2013 May 04 09:09:33
- Prostitute dies during love making, 'resurrects' in coffin | 2013 March 23 10:13:12 | 85195 views
- Woman sends photo of naked President Mugabe via Whatsapp | 2013 January 10 15:04:10 | 46537 views
- Zim woman who had sex with boyfriend as son watched named | 2013 January 31 09:05:43 | 44940 views
- Man marries mother-in-law after his wife died | 2013 January 16 11:05:42 | 30594 views
This was in an unfolding court case at the Mutare Civil Courts in which two Mutare men from Fairbridge Park low-density suburb are seeking a peace order against Chief Zimunya, Headman Chitiyo and eight family members whom they are accusing of forcing them to consult a traditional healer over the matter.
The two applicants, Abel and Douglas Mvududu, accused their relatives of forcing them to consult a traditional healer (n'anga/sangoma) over the mysterious deaths in the family. Relatives allege that sometime in 1989 Abel killed his domestic worker in Gombakomba, A Mozambican named Vasco Frashisco for rituals in a bid to make money in his grinding mill business.
Victor who is accusing the two aapplicants said: "Our father's brother, Abel, killed a man and put his blood on a grinding mill because he wanted to be successful. Hew lied to the family that the Mozambican had left for his country only for us to discover that that he was murdered in cold blood by our uncle. The family has lost over 15 people since 1989 and some are facing numerous problems in life."
Victor said after the death of the 15 people, they decided as a family to approach a traditional healer who told them that the avenging spirit of Frashisco needed to be appeased. They were told that to solve their misery they had to part with nine cattle and three goats. They were shown the directions to Frashisco's homestead in Mozambique.
"We are accepting our fate as a family but the problem is that the culprit behind the problems, who are now VERY WEALTHY don't want to co-operate and assist. They are LIVING GOOD LIVES while we are suffering. My father is dead because of the avenging spirit of Frashisco. Abel and Douglas are the only fathers left in the family but they are refusing to cede to the demands by Frashisco. Abel's children are all abroad doing well at our own expense and he is not even willing to spend a cent and help the family. Instead he had dragged us to court," said another family member identified as Jeremiah.
Bhasera, who is also a respondent to the peace order said: "Douglas is not the one who murdered the Mozambican. I am surprised why he is taking Abel's side and I don't even know what has entered into my brother's minds. They have changed and I am even afraid of approaching them. I just want them to reason with us and solve these misfortunes that have befallen the family."
Headman Chitiyo also fumed and said the applicants had belittled the powers of the chief. "Nyaya idzi dzengozi dzinotongwa kumatare amambo kana sabhuku vanhu voripa ngozi yopera mumusha. They are trying to run away from the real story by seeking a peace order. They have to pay nine beasts and 3 goats which are required to appease the spirit of the deceased. That's what we know in our tradition," said Headman Chitiyo.
The applicants are being represented by Mr Akisai Dhliwayo and the respondents by Mr Chris Ndlovu.
Staff reporter | 2013 May 22 | 1083 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 22 | 910 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 22 | 942 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 22 | 2030 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 22 | 620 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 22 | 1372 Views
Business reporter | 2013 May 22 | 1643 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 22 | 1121 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 22 | 2625 Views
Business reporter | 2013 May 22 | 693 Views
Ben Chiganze | 2013 May 22 | 1109 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 22 | 1093 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 22 | 717 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 22 | 1400 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 22 | 748 Views
Prosper Ndlovu | 2013 May 22 | 825 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 22 | 1115 Views
Court Reporter | 2013 May 22 | 1504 Views
Charles Laiton | 2013 May 22 | 1271 Views
Jairos Saunyama | 2013 May 22 | 867 Views
Own Correspondent | 2013 May 22 | 2016 Views
blackvoicenews.com | 2013 May 22 | 862 Views
Agencies | 2013 May 22 | 506 Views
Staff Reporter | 2013 May 21 | 2554 Views
Blessing Ivan Vava | 2013 May 21 | 1222 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 21 | 3848 Views
Moyo Roy | 2013 May 20 | 4705 Views
TMZ | 2013 May 20 | 2073 Views
Emmanuel Ndlovu | 2013 May 18 | 2132 Views
Arts reporter | 2013 May 17 | 2076 Views