Zanu-PF, MDCs smoke peace pipe
2012 June 22 13:58:00 | 1569 Views
- Ingabe ikuphatheleni i-MDC, njalo kusizani ukuyivotela? | 2013 May 13 17:03:55 | 3068 views
- Ikuphatheleni iMDC, kusiza ngani ukuyivotela? | 2013 May 08 19:28:47 | 2856 views
- MDC-T on course | 2013 March 27 14:05:12 | 6763 views
- People will vote for a party with sustainable economic programmes | 2013 March 04 02:36:52 | 7579 views
- Introducing: Election (2013) campaign articles | 2013 March 02 11:08:41 | 6120 views
- Land reform, indigenisation programmes will never be reversed says Zanu-PF | 2013 May 21 19:43:00
- Zanu-PF buying votes in UZ SRC elections | 2013 May 21 14:32:30
- Zanu-PF team not on a witch hunt, claims Khaya Moyo | 2013 May 17 06:49:47
- Zanu-PF's Kembo Mohadi hospitalised | 2013 May 16 12:53:08
- Zanu-PF Masvingo wars intensify | 2013 May 15 09:11:13
- Prostitute dies during love making, 'resurrects' in coffin | 2013 March 23 10:13:12 | 85765 views
- Woman sends photo of naked President Mugabe via Whatsapp | 2013 January 10 15:04:10 | 46849 views
- Zim woman who had sex with boyfriend as son watched named | 2013 January 31 09:05:43 | 45201 views
- Man marries mother-in-law after his wife died | 2013 January 16 11:05:42 | 30789 views
Matinenga told SW Radio Africa last night the talks held in Nyanga had seen Zanu-PF, MDC-T and MDC finding common ground on some of the issues that had threatened the completion of the draft.
"Unfortunately there was not sufficient time to enable us to finish the task on hand, that is why when we adjourned yesterday (Wednesday) we had not yet completed our task," he said.
The lawyer-cum-politician said because of the delicate nature of the process he was not at liberty to say what was agreed and how far they had gone in revising the draft.
"As I said, significant progress has been made, but as the management committee we are keen to finalise this process, and we certainly want to see to it that we deliver that document to the people of Zimbabwe.
"We are fully aware of the expectations of the people of Zimbabwe and we want to meet their expectations," the minister said.
The management committee will resume talks on Monday next week with the aim of sealing an agreement before the end of June.
Matinenga attended the Nyanga meeting as chairperson of the management committee.
Zanu-PF negotiators were Patrick Chinamasa and Nicholas Goche while Tendai Biti and Elton Mangoma represented the MDC-T.
Priscilla Misihairabwi-Mushonga and Moses Mzila-Ndlovu were the two MDC negotiators.
Copac co-chairs Munyaradzi Paul Mangwana (Zanu PF), Douglas Mwonzora (MDC-T) and Edward Mkhosi (MDC) were in attendance at the secluded lodge.
However, the area surrounding the lodge was reportedly teeming with aides representing the parties and State security agents, all keeping a close watch on the events from a distance.
While Matinenga was reluctant to divulge what was agreed, SW Radio Africa was reliably informed there was some sort of agreement over devolution.
'In principle, they (management committee) could argue that they resolved the devolution issue by agreeing to have it finalised by a full Parliament.
"Others may disagree and say it has been parked until it has been dealt with by Parliament, which is what Zanu PF wanted," Dewa Mavhinga, a lawyer and pro-democracy activist, said.
Other contentious issues were not discussed owing to the manner in which the revision of the draft was structured.
It is believed a positive outcome of the talks would open the way for the release of a final draft of the constitution that has taken three years to compile.
Following the formation of the inclusive government in 2009, there was optimism the country would have a new constitution by 2010.
But political bickering among the parties in the shaky government derailed this time frame.
Source: SW Radio Africa
Vince Musewe | 2013 May 23 | 197 Views
Sapa | 2013 May 23 | 456 Views
Sapa | 2013 May 23 | 606 Views
AFP | 2013 May 23 | 1109 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 23 | 2195 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 23 | 2318 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 23 | 2380 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 23 | 1990 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 23 | 2032 Views
Staff Reporter | 2013 May 23 | 950 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 23 | 2622 Views
Gordon Rayner and Steven Swinford | 2013 May 23 | 1396 Views
Liberty Dube | 2013 May 23 | 2228 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 23 | 1768 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 23 | 2627 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 23 | 2170 Views
Daily Graphic | 2013 May 23 | 1778 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 23 | 1863 Views
Sunday World | 2013 May 23 | 2796 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 23 | 2048 Views
Robert Mugabe | 2013 May 23 | 1452 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 23 | 1704 Views
Court reporter | 2013 May 23 | 1447 Views
Sports reporter | 2013 May 23 | 3013 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 23 | 465 Views
Blessing Ivan Vava | 2013 May 21 | 1725 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 21 | 4518 Views
Moyo Roy | 2013 May 20 | 5607 Views
TMZ | 2013 May 20 | 2339 Views
Emmanuel Ndlovu | 2013 May 18 | 2251 Views
Arts reporter | 2013 May 17 | 2132 Views
Entertainment Correspondent | 2013 May 17 | 2997 Views
Moyo Roy | 2013 May 16 | 2306 Views