MDC-T happy with draft constitution - Mangoma
2012 June 27 10:17:49 | 1323 Views
- Ingabe ikuphatheleni i-MDC, njalo kusizani ukuyivotela? | 2013 May 13 17:03:55 | 2797 views
- Ikuphatheleni iMDC, kusiza ngani ukuyivotela? | 2013 May 08 19:28:47 | 2772 views
- MDC-T on course | 2013 March 27 14:05:12 | 6666 views
- People will vote for a party with sustainable economic programmes | 2013 March 04 02:36:52 | 7453 views
- Introducing: Election (2013) campaign articles | 2013 March 02 11:08:41 | 6015 views
- Constitution awaits Mugabe's signature | 2013 May 15 09:10:54
- Constitutional Bill sails through Senate with amendments | 2013 May 15 05:55:17
- House of Assembly unanimously passes Constitution Amendment Bill | 2013 May 10 02:43:23
- Zimbabwe Constitution Bill sails through by majority vote | 2013 May 09 22:14:23
- Constitutional bill sails through the second reading stage | 2013 May 09 09:29:36
- Prostitute dies during love making, 'resurrects' in coffin | 2013 March 23 10:13:12 | 84659 views
- Woman sends photo of naked President Mugabe via Whatsapp | 2013 January 10 15:04:10 | 46248 views
- Zim woman who had sex with boyfriend as son watched named | 2013 January 31 09:05:43 | 44722 views
- Man marries mother-in-law after his wife died | 2013 January 16 11:05:42 | 30425 views
Mangoma was addressing hundreds of MDC officials at a fundraising lunch hosted by the Mashonaland West provincial executive at Chinhoyi University of Technology last Friday.
Mangoma is one of the MDC negotiators in the Global Political Agreement and is part of the Copac management committee. "As a party, we are optimistic of the developments in the draft Constitution as it has managed to capture the views of the people and as a party we are going to support the draft in the coming referendum," Mangoma said.
Mangoma praised the Mashonaland provincial executive for holding the fundraising dinner saying it was a pioneer project that other provinces should emulate. The dinner was attended by several senior MDC officials who included the deputy national chairperson; Morgan Komichi, the Minister of Labour and Social Welfare, Paurina Mpariwa and the Mashonaland West provincial executive.
Meanwhile, the MDC held several rallies across the country that were attended by thousands of party supporters. Addressing party supporters at Chidamoyo Growth Point in Magunje, the Mashonaland West provincial secretary, Wilson Makanyaire said it was time for every person who was eligible to vote to make sure that he or she is a registered voter to enable them to vote in the next election.
In Bulawayo, Mzilikazi Senator Matson Hlalo said the people should go out and vote in the next election in order to do away with voter apathy in the province. Senator Hlalo was speaking at Stanley Hall where he said only 80 000 out of 200 000 registered voters in Bulawayo managed to cast their votes in 2008.
"Out of over 200 000 registered voters only about 80 000 came out. This shows that over 100 000 registered did not cast their votes," he said.
In Gutu South, Masvingo province, terror militia bases have resurfaced at Man'a Business Centre in Ward 27. According to MDC councillor for Ward 27, Alderman Jeffrey Tangemhare at least 20 known Zanu PF militia members, masquerading as members of the Neighbourhood Watch Committee(NWC), are camped at Man'a Business Centre where they are carrying out sinister activities reminiscent of the build up to the 2008 Zanu PF terror campaign.
Alderman Tangemhare said although the coordinators of the programme claim the camping has nothing to do with politics, the local community is concerned about the participation of known Zanu PF functionaries in police operations. In addition, the so called members of the police constabulary department are allegedly chanting Zanu PF songs during their training sessions.
In Midlands South, Hon Nelson Chamisa, the National Organising Secretary addressed thousands of party supporters at Chiundura business center. He took time to acknowledge the contribution of Mr Ngwegwe and some elderly women of Chiundura who have stood by the party since its formation.
He said the MDC is in the inclusive government for institutional, constitutional and election reform to take place. He added that: "The Indigenisation programme is misbegotten because it seeks to distribute resources as opposed to creating wealth. The MDC has a clear policy that seeks to create employment for the people, especially the youth and women so that they become active players for economic development."
realbuzz.com | 2013 May 21 | 330 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 21 | 626 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 21 | 241 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 21 | 363 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 21 | 264 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 21 | 357 Views
Tsungai Chipato | 2013 May 21 | 271 Views
Mutumwa Mawere | 2013 May 21 | 752 Views
Abel Zhakata in MUTARE | 2013 May 21 | 774 Views
Daily News | 2013 May 21 | 1225 Views
Sports Reporter | 2013 May 21 | 1033 Views
Sports reporter | 2013 May 21 | 783 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 21 | 1084 Views
New Ziana. | 2013 May 21 | 415 Views
New Ziana. | 2013 May 21 | 567 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 21 | 609 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 21 | 567 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 21 | 582 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 21 | 404 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 21 | 1110 Views
Staff Reportyer | 2013 May 21 | 1245 Views
Staff Reporter | 2013 May 21 | 726 Views
A Correspondent | 2013 May 20 | 2419 Views
Staff Reporter | 2013 May 20 | 1007 Views
Moyo Roy | 2013 May 20 | 2605 Views
TMZ | 2013 May 20 | 1613 Views
Emmanuel Ndlovu | 2013 May 18 | 1883 Views
Arts reporter | 2013 May 17 | 2008 Views
Entertainment Correspondent | 2013 May 17 | 2597 Views
Moyo Roy | 2013 May 16 | 2203 Views