Tsvangirai meets New Zealand Prime Minister
2012 July 25 11:28:51 | 1456 Views
- Ingabe ikuphatheleni i-MDC, njalo kusizani ukuyivotela? | 2013 May 13 17:03:55 | 3118 views
- Ikuphatheleni iMDC, kusiza ngani ukuyivotela? | 2013 May 08 19:28:47 | 2877 views
- MDC-T on course | 2013 March 27 14:05:12 | 6793 views
- People will vote for a party with sustainable economic programmes | 2013 March 04 02:36:52 | 7608 views
- Introducing: Election (2013) campaign articles | 2013 March 02 11:08:41 | 6140 views
- MDC-T has zero tolerance to corruption say Tsvangirai | 2013 May 22 17:41:13
- Tsvangirai aide's trial to go ahead | 2013 May 21 05:45:20
- 'I hate people who say let's have a coalition with Morgan Tsvangirai' says Ncube | 2013 May 20 02:33:54
- 'We will continue to look for external support' says Tsvangirai | 2013 May 18 00:22:21
- Morgan Tsvangirai speech to MDC-T policy conference | 2013 May 17 22:26:38
- Prostitute dies during love making, 'resurrects' in coffin | 2013 March 23 10:13:12 | 86051 views
- Woman sends photo of naked President Mugabe via Whatsapp | 2013 January 10 15:04:10 | 46958 views
- Zim woman who had sex with boyfriend as son watched named | 2013 January 31 09:05:43 | 45343 views
- Man marries mother-in-law after his wife died | 2013 January 16 11:05:42 | 30861 views
The two leaders discussed issues pertaining to political and economic cooperation between their two nations.
Prime Ministers Tsvangirai and Mr. Key later addressed a joint press conference where they emphasized the importance of the readmission of Zimbabwe into the international community.
Prime Minister Tsvangirai said at the press conference that it was important for Zimbabwe to ride on the Afro optimism currently obtaining in the global village and take advantage of economic benefits arising as a result of the renewed focus on Africa.
He reiterated that it was time to review the restrictive measures imposed on certain members of President Robert Mugabe's party more than ten years ago. He said the review of the restrictive measures should be done in response to the progress made by the parties in Zimbabwe. He however emphasised the importance of holding credible, free and fair elections next year so that the country can focus on economic issues.
New Zealand Premier, Mr. Key commended Prime Minister Tsvangirai for his commitment to democracy and for his efforts to find a solution to Zimbabwe's crises through peaceful means.
Mr Key said New Zealand would monitor developments in Zimbabwe and would consult with Australia and the EU on the review of restrictive measures.
New Zealand has contributed more than $5 million through Unicef to the Education Trust Fund which helped in the production of more than 17 million text books for primary and high schools in Zimbabwe.
Prime Minister Tsvangirai attended a Parliamentary session in Wellington and held high level meetings with other eminent members of the House.
Earlier, Prime Minister Tsvangirai toured New Zealand's world class wind energy resource centre. With its narrow islands, New Zealand has a good exposure to coastal winds.
The Premier also held meetings with New Zealand business community. The New Zealand leg concludes Prime Minister Tsvangirai's visit to the Far East which took him to Japan, Australia and New Zealand.
Prof. Arthur G.O. Mutambara, Deputy Prime Minister of Zimbabwe | 2013 May 24 | 634 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 24 | 1217 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 24 | 1378 Views
Andrew Whitaker | 2013 May 24 | 872 Views
Sports Reporter | 2013 May 24 | 910 Views
Sports Correspondent | 2013 May 24 | 345 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 24 | 635 Views
Business Reporter | 2013 May 24 | 398 Views
Vandudzai Zirebwa | 2013 May 24 | 447 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 24 | 820 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 24 | 869 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 24 | 1300 Views
Business Reporters | 2013 May 24 | 453 Views
Thupeyo Muleya | 2013 May 24 | 543 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 24 | 355 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 24 | 523 Views
Moyo Roy | 2013 May 24 | 2954 Views
Staff Reporter | 2013 May 23 | 1272 Views
Staff Reporter | 2013 May 23 | 1384 Views
Nomalanga Moyo | 2013 May 23 | 508 Views
Staff Reporter | 2013 May 23 | 1417 Views
Mkhululi Mthunzi | 2013 May 23 | 1179 Views
Ndou Paul | 2013 May 23 | 1946 Views
Soccer Laduma | 2013 May 23 | 1339 Views
Arts Correspondent | 2013 May 24 | 714 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 23 | 2958 Views
BangShowBiz | 2013 May 23 | 1973 Views
Moyo Roy | 2013 May 23 | 998 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 23 | 1246 Views
Blessing Ivan Vava | 2013 May 21 | 1930 Views