New Zim budget airline to be launched
2012 August 03 13:53:16 | 2323 Views
- Ingabe ikuphatheleni i-MDC, njalo kusizani ukuyivotela? | 2013 May 13 17:03:55 | 3084 views
- Ikuphatheleni iMDC, kusiza ngani ukuyivotela? | 2013 May 08 19:28:47 | 2864 views
- MDC-T on course | 2013 March 27 14:05:12 | 6777 views
- People will vote for a party with sustainable economic programmes | 2013 March 04 02:36:52 | 7586 views
- Introducing: Election (2013) campaign articles | 2013 March 02 11:08:41 | 6122 views
- Another airline joins the Zimbabwe route | 2013 April 30 06:13:38
- Zimbabwe licences 30 local airlines | 2013 April 09 08:21:23
- More than ten aspiring local airlines fail to take off | 2013 April 09 05:46:33
- At least 8 airlines will ferry UNWTO guests | 2013 March 27 08:14:21
- Big Brother winner sues Zimbabwean airline | 2013 March 20 09:05:21
- Prostitute dies during love making, 'resurrects' in coffin | 2013 March 23 10:13:12 | 85885 views
- Woman sends photo of naked President Mugabe via Whatsapp | 2013 January 10 15:04:10 | 46904 views
- Zim woman who had sex with boyfriend as son watched named | 2013 January 31 09:05:43 | 45266 views
- Man marries mother-in-law after his wife died | 2013 January 16 11:05:42 | 30831 views
As part of the initial agreement, 1time will cease its current Livingstone route in favour of flights between Johannesburg and Victoria Falls, which will subsequently become a Fresh Air operation. The JV encompasses 1time utilising its fleet of aircraft to serve the route, while Fresh Air provides the licences to operate in Zimbabwe.
Further, both airlines will initially cooperate in a wide range of operational and commercial facets, including the provision of aircraft and crew, as well as administrative functions such as revenue management and revenue accounting.
Fresh Air and 1time have completed the Civil Aviation Authority regulatory demonstration flight from OR Tambo International Airport, Johannesburg to Harare International Airport, before flying to Victoria Falls and then back to Johannesburg.
Blacky Komani, CEO of 1time Airline says that this newly found agreement with Fresh Air provides an opportunity for both companies to take advantage of the fact that Africa is the only continent where the low-cost carrier model is yet to take flight with regional destinations.
"Our partnership with Fresh Air is simple; we share our experience and infrastructure in the aviation industry while Fresh Air launches Zimbabwe's first low-cost carrier, with licences to operate the underserviced domestic market and various regional routes to be announced in the near future. In doing so, Fresh Air are creating jobs and building a foundation for a sustainable business."
Chakanyuka Karase, CEO of Fresh Air says that the airline's entry into the market and strategic partnership with 1time will provide a real opportunity to stimulate domestic and regional air travel ahead of the United Nations World Tourism Organisation (UNWTO) for Zimbabwe.
"The entry of a low-cost carrier in Zimbabwe has great potential, and we are proud to have launched into this partnership with 1time, who already has palpable successes in the no-frills market. We have absolutely no doubt that this business model will succeed as it is exactly what our emerging economy needs to maintain sustainability, and is an efficient way to connect families, businesses and tourist destinations."
1time will have a short term dispensation to operate aircraft on the ZS register, while executing a migration to Zimbabwean registered and crewed operation. This process will be carried out within a year.
Komani concludes that the agreement ultimately furthers growth and development in Africa.
"Our joint venture not only demonstrates that we foster successful cross-border partnerships, but that together we contribute to regional growth in Africa by providing people with additional travel options at affordable prices."
Staff Reporter | 2013 May 23 | 244 Views
Mkhululi Mthunzi | 2013 May 23 | 243 Views
Ndou Paul | 2013 May 23 | 1014 Views
Soccer Laduma | 2013 May 23 | 706 Views
Financial Express | 2013 May 23 | 709 Views
Velempini Ndlovu | 2013 May 23 | 973 Views
ZUPA Team. | 2013 May 23 | 653 Views
Moyo Roy | 2013 May 23 | 2876 Views
Business reporter | 2013 May 23 | 565 Views
Vince Musewe | 2013 May 23 | 832 Views
Sapa | 2013 May 23 | 1778 Views
Sapa | 2013 May 23 | 1943 Views
AFP | 2013 May 23 | 1723 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 23 | 3171 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 23 | 3382 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 23 | 3526 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 23 | 2898 Views
Njabulo Ncube | 2013 May 23 | 3001 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 23 | 3589 Views
Gordon Rayner and Steven Swinford | 2013 May 23 | 2024 Views
Liberty Dube | 2013 May 23 | 3029 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 23 | 2397 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 23 | 3479 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 23 | 2775 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 23 | 1517 Views
BangShowBiz | 2013 May 23 | 1124 Views
Moyo Roy | 2013 May 23 | 557 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 23 | 901 Views
Blessing Ivan Vava | 2013 May 21 | 1816 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 21 | 4580 Views
Moyo Roy | 2013 May 20 | 5763 Views
TMZ | 2013 May 20 | 2397 Views
Emmanuel Ndlovu | 2013 May 18 | 2272 Views