Man stabbed to death for not riding his bicycle
2012 August 05 17:20:57 | 1844 Views
- Ingabe ikuphatheleni i-MDC, njalo kusizani ukuyivotela? | 2013 May 13 17:03:55 | 2998 views
- Ikuphatheleni iMDC, kusiza ngani ukuyivotela? | 2013 May 08 19:28:47 | 2830 views
- MDC-T on course | 2013 March 27 14:05:12 | 6726 views
- People will vote for a party with sustainable economic programmes | 2013 March 04 02:36:52 | 7508 views
- Introducing: Election (2013) campaign articles | 2013 March 02 11:08:41 | 6088 views
- Man beats up uncle to death over a bicycle | 2013 April 25 16:04:45
- Man dies in a bicycle accident | 2013 April 14 10:09:47
- Zimbabwean man found dead in SA, after being stabbed all over | 2013 April 01 21:27:47
- Stabbed tout to be buried at West Park today | 2013 March 20 08:01:43
- Tout stabbed to death over $1 'touting fees' | 2013 March 19 08:38:29
- Prostitute dies during love making, 'resurrects' in coffin | 2013 March 23 10:13:12 | 85240 views
- Woman sends photo of naked President Mugabe via Whatsapp | 2013 January 10 15:04:10 | 46548 views
- Zim woman who had sex with boyfriend as son watched named | 2013 January 31 09:05:43 | 44957 views
- Man marries mother-in-law after his wife died | 2013 January 16 11:05:42 | 30611 views
The incident occurred in Section seven compound, Hippo Valley Estate, in Chiredzi district when Simbarashe Nemauro was stabbed to death with an Okapi knife by John Runesu (56) for allegedly not riding on his bicycle and failure to produce a purchase receipt.
Acting police spokesman for Masvingo Province, Assistant Inspector Nkululeko Nduna, confirmed the incident to the Sunday News last week saying police were investigating a case of murder that occurred in the Hippo Valley Estate of Chiredzi.
He said the now deceased Nemauro was coming from a beer drink in the company of Nickson Chinhamo (30) and Stanley Mavingire (19) around 10 pm with their bicycles.
"We are investigating a case of murder where a Hippo Valley man coming from a beer drink in the company of two others was fatally stabbed with an Okapi knife after he was accused of stealing a bicycle. The perpetrator demanded to know why the men were not riding their bicycles and demanded the bicycles' purchase receipts which they failed to produce leading to an argument," he said.
The three, he said, had bicycles which they could not ride on their way home probably because they were too drunk. Nemauro and Mavingire were, therefore, pushing their bicycles while Chinhamo was carrying his.
While on their way home they were approached by Runesu who accused them of having stolen the bicycles, querying why they were not riding them if they were genuinely theirs. The three, however, tried to explain to him that they were coming from a beer drink and were too intoxicated to ride the bicycles and besides it was late in the evening.
It took pains for Runesu to understand the three's reasoning and an argument ensued with Runesu forcing the three to produce receipts to show that the bicycles were theirs. The three are said to have told Runesu that the receipts were at their homes and therefore it was not possible for them to produce them as they don't walk around with them.
As the three engaged in a heated argument, Runesu withdrew an Okapi knife and stabbed Nemauro on the chest before disappearing into the thick of the night. Nemauro was rushed to Hippo Valley medical centre where he died on arrival. His body was taken to Chiredzi Hospital mortuary for a post-mortem while police have launched a manhunt for Runesu.
Source: Sunday News
Staff reporter | 2013 May 22 | 235 Views
Joshua Mhambi | 2013 May 22 | 317 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 22 | 1457 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 22 | 1060 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 22 | 1110 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 22 | 2305 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 22 | 705 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 22 | 1551 Views
Business reporter | 2013 May 22 | 1828 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 22 | 1216 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 22 | 2920 Views
Business reporter | 2013 May 22 | 780 Views
Ben Chiganze | 2013 May 22 | 1246 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 22 | 1209 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 22 | 811 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 22 | 1530 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 22 | 817 Views
Prosper Ndlovu | 2013 May 22 | 920 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 22 | 1215 Views
Court Reporter | 2013 May 22 | 1635 Views
Charles Laiton | 2013 May 22 | 1420 Views
Jairos Saunyama | 2013 May 22 | 934 Views
Own Correspondent | 2013 May 22 | 2197 Views
blackvoicenews.com | 2013 May 22 | 945 Views
Blessing Ivan Vava | 2013 May 21 | 1256 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 21 | 3884 Views
Moyo Roy | 2013 May 20 | 4762 Views
TMZ | 2013 May 20 | 2087 Views
Emmanuel Ndlovu | 2013 May 18 | 2133 Views
Arts reporter | 2013 May 17 | 2078 Views
Entertainment Correspondent | 2013 May 17 | 2827 Views
Moyo Roy | 2013 May 16 | 2276 Views
Vasco Shaya | 2013 May 16 | 4238 Views