Man brags about breaking his daughter's virginity
2012 August 09 12:53:11 | 6645 Views
- Ingabe ikuphatheleni i-MDC, njalo kusizani ukuyivotela? | 2013 May 13 17:03:55 | 2610 views
- Ikuphatheleni iMDC, kusiza ngani ukuyivotela? | 2013 May 08 19:28:47 | 2676 views
- MDC-T on course | 2013 March 27 14:05:12 | 6562 views
- People will vote for a party with sustainable economic programmes | 2013 March 04 02:36:52 | 7341 views
- Introducing: Election (2013) campaign articles | 2013 March 02 11:08:41 | 5918 views
- Brothers impregnates their churchmate's daughter | 2013 May 14 05:50:37
- Woman kills daughter over 'boyfriends' | 2013 May 08 06:20:17
- Man in court for fatally assaulting daughter's boyfriend | 2013 March 14 01:27:55
- Man (29) kills 15-week-old daughter while orally raping her | 2013 March 07 15:16:44
- Woman 'drives over' 15-month-old daughter | 2013 January 06 09:15:22
- Prostitute dies during love making, 'resurrects' in coffin | 2013 March 23 10:13:12 | 83936 views
- Woman sends photo of naked President Mugabe via Whatsapp | 2013 January 10 15:04:10 | 45742 views
- Zim woman who had sex with boyfriend as son watched named | 2013 January 31 09:05:43 | 44370 views
- Man marries mother-in-law after his wife died | 2013 January 16 11:05:42 | 30148 views
The incident which has left tongues wagging in Chief Mutambara's area came to light after the daughter (18) eloped to another man aware that the pregnancy belonged to her father, Nhamo Murawu. However, after giving birth, the newly born baby refused to suckle, forcing its mother to reveal having romantic relationship with her father, whom the community suspects of practicing witchcraft.
A baby's refusal to breastfeed in an African culture usually conotates misdemeanors that would have been done by the mother of the child. The baby, surprisingly, started breastfeeding after the confessions. What further baffled the community were revelations that Murawu, at the centre of the controversy went on to accept the lobola for his daughter immediately after she had eloped, even though he had deflowered and impregnated her.
Murawu, whose name when literally translated means law, has since appeared before Chief Mutambara's traditional court and admitted bedding his own daughter and siring a baby. He was last week fined one beast and two goats for defiling the Chief's righteous community. Hundreds of curious villagers attended the court session.
According to sources, Murawu admitted to have committed the offence by confirming that he was 'head over heels' in love with his own daughter. Murawu's daughter (name withheld) is still with her husband in Bocha.
Chief Mutambara described the adulterous affair as an abomination.
"She revealed that she was bedding her father although she claimed that he (Murawu) would occasionally appear in her dreams and have sex with her unknowingly. She defended her father all the way. She, however, had to confess after her baby had refused to breastfeed. It seems Murawu had an intimate relationship with her daughter such that she was never strong enough to name and shame him. The whole family defended him. It is shocking that even Murawu's daughter and wife are all behind this shameful act," said Chief Mutambara.
Murawu stays with his three sons, wife and daughter in a one-roomed thatches hut. Headman Jinga described him as a notorious man.
"He is notorious. He bragged before the court plainly that, 'Vanhu vese ava vanotsvagei pano ini ndakanyenga mwana wangu ndega'," said Headman.
Jinga also said the would soon engage a traditional healer who would verify Murawu's motive. He said he believes it was a case of witchcraft.
Manicaland provincial police spokesperson, Inspector Enock Chishiri, said even if Murawu had sex with his daughter's consent, it was still a criminal offence.
"It is incest. Having sex in a prohibited relationship like father and daughter is a crime.Both parties should be arrested if the complainant is over 16 unless if she is under 18, the accused will be charged with rape," he said.
Staff reporter | 2013 May 18 | 900 Views
Moyo Roy | 2013 May 18 | 687 Views
Staff Reporter | 2013 May 18 | 1250 Views
Sports reporter | 2013 May 18 | 664 Views
Sports reporter | 2013 May 18 | 804 Views
online | 2013 May 18 | 2218 Views
Gideon Gono | 2013 May 18 | 989 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 18 | 1956 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 18 | 747 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 18 | 1950 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 18 | 1748 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 18 | 2548 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 18 | 1168 Views
Supersport | 2013 May 18 | 1759 Views
AFP | 2013 May 18 | 2403 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 18 | 1248 Views
Staff Reporter | 2013 May 18 | 1355 Views
Staff Reporter | 2013 May 18 | 6431 Views
Staff Reporter | 2013 May 18 | 3108 Views
Staff Reporter | 2013 May 18 | 4780 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 18 | 1396 Views
Patrice Lumumba | 2013 May 18 | 2670 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 18 | 2780 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 18 | 1919 Views
Emmanuel Ndlovu | 2013 May 18 | 734 Views
Arts reporter | 2013 May 17 | 1663 Views
Entertainment Correspondent | 2013 May 17 | 1986 Views
Moyo Roy | 2013 May 16 | 1848 Views
Vasco Shaya | 2013 May 16 | 3457 Views
Staff Reporter | 2013 May 15 | 1919 Views
Arts Correspondent | 2013 May 14 | 2680 Views
Carter Chapwanya | 2013 May 14 | 2251 Views
Own Correspondent | 2013 May 14 | 1366 Views