'Witch' caught on top of a house, demanding human flesh
2012 August 19 10:58:46 | 3908 Views
- Elderly woman, daughter-in-law accused of 'witchcraft' beaten to death | 2013 June 18 10:34:10
- Suspected witch bashed to death | 2013 June 07 12:45:35
- Teacher commits suicide after accusing his family of witchcraft | 2013 May 31 06:23:51
- Woman confesses to practising witchcraft and owning 10 goblins | 2013 May 26 09:13:24
- Witchcraft scare as naked woman visits in broad day light | 2013 May 17 10:48:02
- Witches flying broomsticks above 150 metres to be arrested and fined R500k | 2013 May 14 06:06:50
The Mbare Magistrates' courtyard on Thursday came to a standstill when a suspected witch started behaving strangely and refused to enter the courtroom in police handcuffs.
The 'witch', Christabel Rwodzi (21), of Mhuriro Village under Chief Murambwa in Mhondoro, was found naked on top of a house in Sunningdale last week. At first, she refused to disembark from the police van that ferried her to court as she appeared to be in a trance.
The State is alleging that when she besieged the Sunningdale house belonging to one Aaron Maforo (52) she demanded to EAT his (Marafo's) late grandfather's flesh. She is facing a charge of Criminal Trespass and she was meant to appear before magistrate Rueben Mukavhi. Magistrate Mukavhi had to remand her in absentia under the Mental Health Act to 28 August for trial after she displayed behaviour that compelled the magistrate to question her sanity.
Allegations are that on 14 August, at around 12am, Aaron was asleep in his house when he heard some foot steps on top of the roof. He then went out to investigate accompanied by his son and failed to identify the source of the noise on the roof.
Further allegations are that Christabel then threw bricks at the duo forcing them to scurry for cover. State counsel Lawrence Gangarahwe is alleging that Aaron and his son then saw Christabel and ordered her to come down the roof.
It took her 15 minutes, it is alleged, and when asked to explain her conduct she claimed she was of Greek origin and was looking for Trish who is Aaron's late grandfather. She allegedly told them that she was a Greek and she was looking for Trish whose flesh she wanted to eat.
Residents then thronged the house and mobbed Christabel who was still naked.
Most Read Stories
- Baba Jukwa predicts the fall of Jonathan Moyo | 19258 views
- Dead woman returns home in tattered clothes after her burial | 18969 views
- SA Cop caught on camera having sex, suspended | 18094 views
- Baba Jukwa promises to reveal more Zanu-PF dark secrets | 15456 views
- Pastor impregnates 6 married women from his church | 14826 views
- Boy (16) gets stuck while having sex with a married woman | 12888 views
Read more from iBlog:
Staff Reporter | 2013 June 20 | 605 Views
Mike Hamilton | 2013 June 20 | 229 Views
Matthews Estell | 2013 June 20 | 366 Views
Staff Reporter | 2013 June 20 | 527 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 June 20 | 986 Views
Staff Reporter | 2013 June 20 | 1124 Views
Staff Reporter | 2013 June 20 | 1001 Views
Staff Reporter | 2013 June 20 | 347 Views
Staff Reporter | 2013 June 20 | 636 Views
Staff Reporter | 2013 June 20 | 695 Views
Staff Reporter | 2013 June 20 | 481 Views
Nyasha Nyakunu | 2013 June 20 | 874 Views
Staff Reporter | 2013 June 20 | 2809 Views
Moyo Roy | 2013 June 20 | 370 Views
Dr Clifford Chitupa Mashiri | 2013 June 20 | 672 Views
Sports reporter | 2013 June 19 | 2056 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 June 19 | 2155 Views
Sapa | 2013 June 19 | 1820 Views
BBC | 2013 June 19 | 1357 Views
Reuters | 2013 June 19 | 1773 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 June 19 | 2189 Views
Business reporter | 2013 June 19 | 962 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 June 19 | 1937 Views
Business reporter | 2013 June 19 | 1402 Views
Staff Reporter | 2013 June 20 | 424 Views
Staff Reporter | 2013 June 19 | 1136 Views
guardian.co.uk | 2013 June 19 | 1910 Views
Staff Reporter | 2013 June 19 | 1792 Views
Staff Reporter | 2013 June 19 | 1408 Views
Staff Reporter | 2013 June 18 | 2872 Views