Man jailed for raping daughter-in-law (Nnholo we Mwizana)
2012 June 30 13:16:01 | 4962 Views
- Ingabe ikuphatheleni i-MDC, njalo kusizani ukuyivotela? | 2013 May 13 17:03:55 | 2795 views
- Ikuphatheleni iMDC, kusiza ngani ukuyivotela? | 2013 May 08 19:28:47 | 2772 views
- MDC-T on course | 2013 March 27 14:05:12 | 6666 views
- People will vote for a party with sustainable economic programmes | 2013 March 04 02:36:52 | 7452 views
- Introducing: Election (2013) campaign articles | 2013 March 02 11:08:41 | 6015 views
- Mawere pushes for Zimbabwe citizenship | 2013 May 21 08:56:22
- Mudede rejects Mawere's application for a Zimbabwean ID | 2013 May 21 08:10:24
- Africa's women of power | 2013 May 20 08:21:33
- Mutumwa Mawere distances himself from UMDP | 2013 May 20 06:35:21
- Welshman Ncube making inroads in Mashonaland East | 2013 May 19 09:43:23
- Prostitute dies during love making, 'resurrects' in coffin | 2013 March 23 10:13:12 | 84653 views
- Woman sends photo of naked President Mugabe via Whatsapp | 2013 January 10 15:04:10 | 46245 views
- Zim woman who had sex with boyfriend as son watched named | 2013 January 31 09:05:43 | 44722 views
- Man marries mother-in-law after his wife died | 2013 January 16 11:05:42 | 30425 views
The man, aged 47, pleaded guilty to three counts of indecent assault and one count of rape before Hwange resident regional magistrate Mrs Dambudzo Malunga on Thursday.
Asked why he committed the offence, the man told the court that he was fulfilling his Kalanga custom as his father had also slept with his wife.
Asked if the daughter-in-law (18) had consented, the man said she did not consent because she is not Kalanga.
The prosecutor, Mr Bheki Tshabalala, told the court that sometime in February this year, the man's son left for South Africa to look for employment.
He left his wife in the custody of his father and mother and during the month that the son went to South Africa, the man proposed love to the daughter- in-law but was turned down.
He proceeded and fondled her breasts until the left one became swollen. She did not report the assault to anyone.
Later on the same day, the daughter-in-law left the homestead going to fetch water and the father-in-law followed her. He made advances towards her but was again turned down.
He tried to fell her but he was overpowered and the daughter-in-law later made a report to her mother-in-law, who reprimanded the man.
During March he again fondled her breasts and one day he found her bending down washing some dishes and approached her from behind and grabbed her private parts.
He said: "Khathesi isigcwala isandla. Sunonile wena."
She ran away and made a report to his wife who in turn reprimanded him.
On 16 April, the mother-in-law left her homestead going to a neighbour's homestead to assist harvest some ground nuts and left the husband, daughter-in-law and five children behind.
During lunch time, the complainant went to serve him his food and as she knelt down to give him his food he fondled her breasts forcing her to run out of his sleeping hut where he was seated.
Thinking that the father-in-law had left the homestead, she went into the sleeping hut to collect the plates and as soon as she entered the door, the man, who was stark naked hiding behind the door, pounced and threw her onto the bed.
He forcibly removed her panties and raped her once but she kept struggling until she managed to free herself and ran out of the sleeping hut leaving her panties behind.
She made a report to her mother-in-law who then escorted her to Dongamuzi police base where a report was made leading to the father-in-law's arrest.
realbuzz.com | 2013 May 21 | 224 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 21 | 400 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 21 | 135 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 21 | 233 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 21 | 176 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 21 | 226 Views
Tsungai Chipato | 2013 May 21 | 230 Views
Mutumwa Mawere | 2013 May 21 | 663 Views
Abel Zhakata in MUTARE | 2013 May 21 | 737 Views
Daily News | 2013 May 21 | 1164 Views
Sports Reporter | 2013 May 21 | 990 Views
Sports reporter | 2013 May 21 | 745 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 21 | 1040 Views
New Ziana. | 2013 May 21 | 392 Views
New Ziana. | 2013 May 21 | 526 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 21 | 563 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 21 | 537 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 21 | 546 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 21 | 379 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 21 | 1052 Views
Staff Reportyer | 2013 May 21 | 1216 Views
Staff Reporter | 2013 May 21 | 708 Views
A Correspondent | 2013 May 20 | 2373 Views
Staff Reporter | 2013 May 20 | 986 Views
Moyo Roy | 2013 May 20 | 2547 Views
TMZ | 2013 May 20 | 1602 Views
Emmanuel Ndlovu | 2013 May 18 | 1879 Views
Arts reporter | 2013 May 17 | 2007 Views
Entertainment Correspondent | 2013 May 17 | 2593 Views
Moyo Roy | 2013 May 16 | 2201 Views