Man (21) arrested for raping a Dutch tourist in Vic Falls
2012 July 17 07:48:51 | 2145 Views
- 25 MDC members arrested for recruiting new members | 2013 June 10 09:30:02
- MDC-T youth leader hands himself to police, arrested | 2013 June 04 06:24:51
- Woolwich killing: Suspect's friend arrested after TV interview | 2013 May 25 07:39:21
- Voter awareness campaigners arrested | 2013 May 12 19:32:39
- 7 arrested after fighting at MDC-T meeting | 2013 May 11 06:49:25
- Four suspected robbers nabbed | 2013 May 07 21:55:29
A 21-year-old Victoria Falls man has been arrested for allegedly raping a 20-year-old female Dutch tourist.
Matabeleland North police provincial spokesperson, Assistant Inspector Siphiwe Makonese, confirmed the arrest of Steed Ernest Rice of number 354 Villa Victoria Lodge, Victoria Falls, on allegations of raping Emy Aanen of Dfala Straat 62, Netherlands.
She said Aanen arrived in the country on 6 July and was booked at Victoria Falls Rest Camp and was going to stay in the country for four days.
"While at the Rest Camp, Aanen fell in love with Rice and the two had sexual intercourse several times on consent at Rice's residence," said Asst Insp Makonese.
She said on 8 July while they were having sex, Rice demanded anal sex which the complainant is said to have refused. Asst Insp Makonese said Aanen later gave in after some persuasion from Rice.
"While in the act, Aanen started feeling some pain and ordered the accused to stop as she was no longer interested. The accused, instead of stopping, continued with the act saying that he was happy with anal sex despite the fact that the complainant was resisting," she said.
Asst Insp Makonese said the complainant then went to Victoria Falls police and reported the matter leading to the arrest of Rice.
Asst Insp Makonese said under Section 65 of the Criminal Law (Codification and Reform) Act, Chapter 9:23, it was provided for that, if a male person having sexual intercourse or anal sexual intercourse with a female and at any time during the act, he knows that she has not consented to it or realising that there is a real risk or possibility that she may not have concerted to it, that person will be guilty of rape.
"I therefore advise males that if a female feels like not having any form of sex they should not force them or they will face the wrath of law," she said.
Source: Vic Falls correspondent
Most Read Stories
- Dead woman returns home in tattered clothes after her burial | 18811 views
- Baba Jukwa predicts the fall of Jonathan Moyo | 18578 views
- SA Cop caught on camera having sex, suspended | 17857 views
- Baba Jukwa promises to reveal more Zanu-PF dark secrets | 15284 views
- Pastor impregnates 6 married women from his church | 14670 views
- Boy (16) gets stuck while having sex with a married woman | 12497 views
Read more from iBlog:
Sports reporter | 2013 June 19 | 224 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 June 19 | 370 Views
Sapa | 2013 June 19 | 274 Views
BBC | 2013 June 19 | 237 Views
Reuters | 2013 June 19 | 479 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 June 19 | 537 Views
Business reporter | 2013 June 19 | 306 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 June 19 | 744 Views
Business reporter | 2013 June 19 | 482 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 June 19 | 582 Views
Staff Reporter | 2013 June 19 | 1327 Views
Staff Reporter | 2013 June 19 | 1026 Views
Staff Reporter | 2013 June 19 | 1341 Views
Fin24 | 2013 June 19 | 595 Views
Violet Gonda | 2013 June 19 | 841 Views
Nomalanga Moyo | 2013 June 19 | 1009 Views
Finx | 2013 June 19 | 684 Views
Finx | 2013 June 19 | 458 Views
Staff Reporter | 2013 June 19 | 528 Views
Moyo Roy | 2013 June 19 | 1234 Views
Staff Reporter | 2013 June 19 | 1469 Views
Staff Reporter | 2013 June 19 | 1811 Views
Thabo Mlilo | 2013 June 19 | 1790 Views
Staff Reporter | 2013 June 19 | 2264 Views
Staff Reporter | 2013 June 19 | 838 Views
guardian.co.uk | 2013 June 19 | 1658 Views
Staff Reporter | 2013 June 19 | 1549 Views
Staff Reporter | 2013 June 19 | 1224 Views
Staff Reporter | 2013 June 18 | 2702 Views
Staff Reporter | 2013 June 18 | 1537 Views