21-year-old prophet takes Bulawayo by storm
2012 March 10 01:02:14 | 4275 Views
- Ingabe ikuphatheleni i-MDC, njalo kusizani ukuyivotela? | 2013 May 13 17:03:55 | 3154 views
- Ikuphatheleni iMDC, kusiza ngani ukuyivotela? | 2013 May 08 19:28:47 | 2895 views
- MDC-T on course | 2013 March 27 14:05:12 | 6815 views
- People will vote for a party with sustainable economic programmes | 2013 March 04 02:36:52 | 7624 views
- Introducing: Election (2013) campaign articles | 2013 March 02 11:08:41 | 6148 views
- 'MDC-T is lost and misguided on land reform,' claims Rhodesian Prophet | 2013 May 13 06:56:34
- Prophet with an ability to predict anyone's death emerges | 2013 April 16 16:20:22
- Scramble for prophet’s anointing oil, bottle goes for $4 | 2013 March 08 09:57:46
- Prophet resurrects baby from the dead | 2013 January 25 16:44:10
- Prophet Angel's 'Miracle Money' must be investigated | 2013 January 07 15:43:29
- Prostitute dies during love making, 'resurrects' in coffin | 2013 March 23 10:13:12 | 86243 views
- Woman sends photo of naked President Mugabe via Whatsapp | 2013 January 10 15:04:10 | 47101 views
- Zim woman who had sex with boyfriend as son watched named | 2013 January 31 09:05:43 | 45441 views
- Man marries mother-in-law after his wife died | 2013 January 16 11:05:42 | 30951 views
The young and single prophet, Apostle Ronald Matusi of Transfiguration Zone International Ministries, commands a congregation of over 1 500.
His church has a wide range of congregants, both young and old. The church has been in existence for a year with branches in Bulawayo, Masvingo and Zvishavane being established.
When news crew attended a service yesterday afternoon the auditorium at Jesus Life International was packed to the brim and he was preaching on Waiting For The Right Time.
Congregants were seen raising their hands jumping up and down shouting praises as he went through his sermon.
The young apostle went on to climb on chairs, laying hands on congregants, "giving them an anointing" with some falling over and others weeping.
Speaking after the sermon, Apostle Matusi said he received his calling from God to preach when he was doing his Upper Sixth form at Induna High School.
He said God began using him to deliver prophetic and healing ministry when he was the president of Scripture Union at the school.
"When I was the president of the Scripture Union at the school, God began using me to deliver prophetic and healing ministries," Apostle Matusi said.
He said last year he started his church in January after spending six days and six nights fasting when he got a vision.
"When I was fasting I received a vision from God. I was ministering to trees using a cordless microphone preaching in English.
"Then I heard a voice from God saying 'The trees resemble people of all nations and you have been called for an international ministry and multitudes are coming so you should go out and preach the word of God'," he said.
Apostle Matusi said last year after 40 days and 40 nights of praying and fasting he collapsed on day 35 at a local prayer house called Prayer Trenches in Bulawayo's Hillside suburb.
He said his spirit went to heaven where he met a man dressed in white robes.
"When I woke up I was in between his legs and I heard him saying do not rejoice in multitudes because they are coming, but raise a prayerful and holy church. Then I woke up.
"On day 40 I heard a voice from God saying 'I released you as a prophetic solution in this city'," he said.
Asked if he was staying single forever, he said he would get married next year, without giving more details.
His mother, Mrs Alletah Matusi, said she was initially against her son being a minister of the word.
She said when growing up he did not show signs of being in the ministry, but while doing his A-Levels all that changed.
"After he told me what he was seeing and the repentance of my husband I began to support him," Mrs Matusi said.
A congregant, who preferred to be identified as Mai Mavera, said the young apostle's preaching was powerful and inspiring.
She said with the help of the young apostle she fasted and prayed for 20 days and 20 nights for her husband's deliverance.
"He is now a born again Christian and we attend church regularly," Mai Mavera said.
Her friend, who preferred also to be identified as Mai Chekwa, echoed the same sentiments.
The young apostle is the head of the church, which has other young unmarried pastors at the helm.
Their ages range from 21 to 24.
Sports reporter | 2013 May 24 | 576 Views
Sports reporter | 2013 May 24 | 515 Views
Staff Reporter | 2013 May 24 | 864 Views
Business reporter | 2013 May 24 | 537 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 24 | 1935 Views
Misa-Zimbabwe | 2013 May 24 | 1069 Views
Sports reporter | 2013 May 24 | 846 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 24 | 2361 Views
Tabani Moyo | 2013 May 24 | 2264 Views
Eric Bloch | 2013 May 24 | 1315 Views
Brian Chitemba | 2013 May 24 | 1754 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 24 | 1076 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 24 | 1320 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 24 | 1271 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 24 | 4358 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 24 | 2121 Views
Clive Mphambela I Independent | 2013 May 24 | 1373 Views
Prof. Arthur G.O. Mutambara, Deputy Prime Minister of Zimbabwe | 2013 May 24 | 1524 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 24 | 2782 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 24 | 3127 Views
Andrew Whitaker | 2013 May 24 | 1927 Views
Sports Reporter | 2013 May 24 | 2503 Views
Sports Correspondent | 2013 May 24 | 1108 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 24 | 1331 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 09 | 4539 Views
Moyo Roy | 2013 April 23 | 3057 Views
Moyo Joakim | 2013 April 18 | 1748 Views
Regenesys.co.za | 2013 April 04 | 3996 Views
John Gambanga | 2013 April 02 | 2202 Views
Arts reporter | 2013 May 24 | 1083 Views
Arts Correspondent | 2013 May 24 | 1872 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 23 | 3396 Views
BangShowBiz | 2013 May 23 | 2306 Views
Moyo Roy | 2013 May 23 | 1250 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 23 | 1419 Views