Prophet Makandiwa's judgement night creates furore
2012 April 01 12:44:32 | 3331 Views
- Ingabe ikuphatheleni i-MDC, njalo kusizani ukuyivotela? | 2013 May 13 17:03:55 | 2941 views
- Ikuphatheleni iMDC, kusiza ngani ukuyivotela? | 2013 May 08 19:28:47 | 2815 views
- MDC-T on course | 2013 March 27 14:05:12 | 6710 views
- People will vote for a party with sustainable economic programmes | 2013 March 04 02:36:52 | 7494 views
- Introducing: Election (2013) campaign articles | 2013 March 02 11:08:41 | 6076 views
- Prophet Makandiwa converts 18,000 sinners in just a week | 2013 May 17 11:17:05
- Makandiwa's church on 'a shoe-string budget' | 2013 May 16 09:05:39
- Makandiwa frenzy hits Bulawayo | 2013 April 29 15:23:13
- Prophet Makandiwa to end satanism, prostitution and cure today | 2013 April 28 10:02:49
- Prophet Makandiwa rubbishes Daily News allegations | 2013 April 16 06:06:49
- Prostitute dies during love making, 'resurrects' in coffin | 2013 March 23 10:13:12 | 85060 views
- Woman sends photo of naked President Mugabe via Whatsapp | 2013 January 10 15:04:10 | 46475 views
- Zim woman who had sex with boyfriend as son watched named | 2013 January 31 09:05:43 | 44894 views
- Man marries mother-in-law after his wife died | 2013 January 16 11:05:42 | 30556 views
Prophet Makandiwa, being reincarnation of the father of miracles Moses, is on record declaring the night of 6 April as the Judgement Night" alleging that it would be a moment of glory for his flock but fearful and wailing for their enermies as he would be casting them into a bottomless pit.
The Judgement Night which his legion of followers is angling with bated breath will be held at the 60,000 seater National Sports Stadium in Harare under the theme: "Judgement Way" which is found in the book of Exodus Chapter 12.
"As I was praying for this great night, God gave me a word. Gather my people this particular night (6 April) from every corner and on that night, I want you to tell them that I'm going to kill their enermy before morning. If poverty, sickness, bareness and lack are your enermy, you shall bury your enermy in the morning. This is going to be a night of judgement."
The chilling warning had reportedly caused a discord from his critics and some sections of the Christian community who had emblasoned the cyber space with their critics arguing that his "wishes" were nothing but designed to seek cheap religion mileage.
"This is the beginning of the end really why does Prophet Makandiwa not take patients in hospitals, vagrants, the cripples, the lame, HIV positive and the unemployed and fulfil their needs. There is nothing called Judgement Night on 6 April, that phenomenon is only reserved for God," said Simba Dabuka Mutandwa.
His sentiments were buttressed by one Alexio Muzimbe who said the prophet was campaining for his church by commercialising miracle stories and taking advantage of people's suffering saying he had a key to their bread and butter issues.
"Jesus or any other apostle never gathered people to perform miracles. God's miracles are not advertised. How can he advertise miracles?" he said.
However, late last year Prophet Makandiwa declared that 2012 is a year of results. Already some members of his ministry are enjoying the declared results of 2012 evidenced by posters and stickers which are on many vehicles amnd other properties which read "This is the result."
Expectations are high among church members across the country and beyond who believe that the night will surpas their historic all night prayer held at the 30-000 seater mega structures near Chitungwiza Town Centre on New Year's Eve.
"Prophet Makandiwa is a true servant of God. Hate him or speculate about him, but just like any other man or woman of God you hate and speculate. Come the night of 6 April I believe that all my enemies would be destroyed," said Mrs Memory Moyo of Nkulumane in Bulawayo.
Her sentiments were echoed by another church member, Mr Collins Mabhiza, who said despite persecution from people of all walf of life, signs and wonders continue to follow the man of God and his ministry continues to experience extraordinary growth and this is going to be witnessed on this great night of Judgement.
Preparations for the Judgement Night prayer are at an advanced stage with all departments in the ministry gearing up for this day authenticated by the church's procurement of a state-of-the-art Public Address system and believed to be the first of its kind in Africa.
Staff Reporter | 2013 May 21 | 654 Views
Staff Reporter | 2013 May 21 | 393 Views
Staff Reporter | 2013 May 21 | 637 Views
Staff Reporter | 2013 May 21 | 875 Views
Mongezi Mpofu | 2013 May 21 | 1330 Views
Ndou Paul | 2013 May 21 | 889 Views
Mafu Sithabile | 2013 May 21 | 1253 Views
Ndou Paul | 2013 May 21 | 687 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 21 | 614 Views
Sports reporter | 2013 May 21 | 1634 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 21 | 4264 Views
Staff Reporter | 2013 May 21 | 4247 Views
Francis Mufambi | 2013 May 21 | 1560 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 21 | 3039 Views
Theafricareport | 2013 May 21 | 2240 Views
The Associated Press | 2013 May 21 | 1863 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 21 | 2379 Views
Own Correspondent | 2013 May 21 | 3681 Views
realbuzz.com | 2013 May 21 | 2618 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 21 | 5572 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 21 | 1786 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 21 | 2491 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 21 | 2029 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 21 | 2581 Views
Blessing Ivan Vava | 2013 May 21 | 947 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 21 | 3480 Views
Moyo Roy | 2013 May 20 | 4400 Views
TMZ | 2013 May 20 | 1972 Views
Emmanuel Ndlovu | 2013 May 18 | 2061 Views
Arts reporter | 2013 May 17 | 2056 Views