Psychological warfare against ZAPU futile
2012 August 07 16:25:06 | 2200 Views
- Ingabe ikuphatheleni i-MDC, njalo kusizani ukuyivotela? | 2013 May 13 17:03:55 | 2693 views
- Ikuphatheleni iMDC, kusiza ngani ukuyivotela? | 2013 May 08 19:28:47 | 2707 views
- MDC-T on course | 2013 March 27 14:05:12 | 6596 views
- People will vote for a party with sustainable economic programmes | 2013 March 04 02:36:52 | 7378 views
- Introducing: Election (2013) campaign articles | 2013 March 02 11:08:41 | 5947 views
- ZAPU affirms itself in Jotsholo | 2013 May 04 09:22:07
- Interview With Zapu Europe Vice Chairperson Mr Karimanzira | 2013 April 26 00:53:29
- ZAPU Europe Province to launch its burial society at its AGM | 2013 April 24 06:36:58
- Message from Zapu Europe chairperson | 2013 April 17 09:15:06
- Zapu's Zawu and Youth Front Elects new leadership | 2013 April 08 11:22:04
- Prophet Uebert Angel upsets T.B Joshua's followers | 2013 February 24 10:20:20 | 40838 views
- Prophet T.B. Joshua's prophecies for 2013 | 2013 January 01 12:26:15 | 21310 views
- Obama's wife is a Zimbabwean! | 2013 April 01 12:51:57 | 20477 views
- 'If anyone was defending Nkomo, it was I. I was the last to leave Zapu,' says Mugabe | 2013 February 19 15:02:19 | 11148 views
- Mpofu and SK Moyo up for Presidency | 2013 January 17 16:37:36 | 11059 views
Zanu-PF's aim is easy, that is to tarnish ZAPU's image through association, it knows very well that people have voicing whether Dr Dabengwa's ZAPU has really withdrawn from Zanu-PF and some people; particularly those from MDC-T have been trying so hard to build a picture of ZAPU as a Zanu-PF project. Zanu-PF is cunning in its approach; it attempts to undermine the credibility of Dr Dabengwa by portraying him as eager to go back to Zanu-PF if he is given a good position. Recently the state media alleged that Ambrose Mutinhiri, a former ZIPRA cadre, reported that he wants the 1987 Unity Accord re-visited and that Dabengwa has said that he is willing to work with Zanu-PF as long as the Unity Accord is revisited.
Many people have been suspicious of DD, saying that his pull out was fuelled by the desire to work with the Mujuru faction as part of the perennially Zanu-PF succession problems.
For the politically naÃ¯ve and for those mischievous, this Zanu-PF strategy will, but for those who are politically mature and astute, will not be duped by this bare-thread strategy which lack substance and credibility.
ZAPU does not seek to tarnish ZAPU because it hopes to win anything in Matebeleland, but it seeks to continue with the false notion that claims unity between ZAPU and Zanu-PF. They know that if ZAPU wins resoundingly, as it will, that the pretense will not hold anymore. The centre will just crumble like a badly baked cookie.
The withdrawal of ZAPU effectively nullified the so called Unity Accord, which in actual fact was never meant to be a Unity. The Unity Agreement was a surrender document from ZAPU's perspective which was meant to save millions of innocent lives from Zanu-PF's 5th Brigade.
Dabengwa will not seek to revisit a surrender document, which humiliated him personally and ZAPU as a whole. There is nothing in the Unity Accord which espoused or resembled ZAPU policy. I believe that Dabengwa would prefer to swallow poison than to re-join Zanu-PF.
Zanu-PF wants to be seen as if it is friendly to ZAPU, this stance and approach is simple, it seeks to arm Tswangirayi's MDC-T. MDC-T has gullibly latched to Zanu-PF propaganda and strategy and I do not foresee it ever breaking away from it. As the election approaches, we will hear more and more accusations and allegations from MDC that ZAPU is a Zanu-PF project and that Dabengwa is a Zanu-PF agent.
Mutinhiri is part of that strategy; the MDC-T is bound to believe what Mutinhiri says as he was a ZPRA cadre.
Zanu-PF's strategy will not survive for one reason and one reason alone, it is a weak strategy, which insults people's intelligence. All normal people know that Dabengwa will never go back to Zanu-PF; all intelligent people know that ZAPU will do very well in the forthcoming elections.
No psychological warfare or weapon formed against ZAPU shall prosper; ZAPU has always emerged victorious in all its battles and wars.
Disclaimer: All articles and letters published on Bulawayo24 have been independently written by members of Bulawayo24's community. The views of users published on Bulawayo24 are therefore their own and do not necessarily represent the views of Bulawayo24. Bulawayo24 editors also reserve the right to edit or delete any and all comments received.
Source: Thulani Nkala
Staff Reporter | 2013 May 19 | 578 Views
Staff Reporter | 2013 May 19 | 469 Views
Staff Reporter | 2013 May 19 | 1460 Views
Staff Reporter | 2013 May 19 | 906 Views
Gaye Davis, City Press | 2013 May 19 | 1654 Views
Staff Reporter | 2013 May 19 | 1118 Views
Stephen Grootes | 2013 May 19 | 982 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 19 | 2721 Views
Moyo Roy | 2013 May 19 | 3634 Views
Moyo Roy | 2013 May 19 | 2829 Views
STaff reporter | 2013 May 19 | 3046 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 19 | 1370 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 19 | 2386 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 19 | 1018 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 19 | 1219 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 19 | 1151 Views
MDC Spokesman | 2013 May 19 | 968 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 19 | 946 Views
Sports reporter | 2013 May 19 | 1095 Views
Bekezela Maduma Fuzwayo | 2013 May 19 | 1516 Views
Eyewitness News | 2013 May 19 | 3987 Views
Staff Reporter | 2013 May 19 | 2018 Views
Sapa-AFP | 2013 May 19 | 1250 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 19 | 1310 Views
Emmanuel Ndlovu | 2013 May 18 | 1520 Views
Arts reporter | 2013 May 17 | 1824 Views
Entertainment Correspondent | 2013 May 17 | 2227 Views
Moyo Roy | 2013 May 16 | 1997 Views
Vasco Shaya | 2013 May 16 | 3665 Views
Staff Reporter | 2013 May 15 | 1962 Views
Arts Correspondent | 2013 May 14 | 2762 Views
Carter Chapwanya | 2013 May 14 | 2277 Views
Own Correspondent | 2013 May 14 | 1382 Views