Harare City thrashes Dynamos
2012 June 21 10:06:49 | 2429 Views
- Ingabe ikuphatheleni i-MDC, njalo kusizani ukuyivotela? | 2013 May 13 17:03:55 | 3050 views
- Ikuphatheleni iMDC, kusiza ngani ukuyivotela? | 2013 May 08 19:28:47 | 2848 views
- MDC-T on course | 2013 March 27 14:05:12 | 6751 views
- People will vote for a party with sustainable economic programmes | 2013 March 04 02:36:52 | 7539 views
- Introducing: Election (2013) campaign articles | 2013 March 02 11:08:41 | 6107 views
- Mobile voter registration exercise kicks off | 2013 April 29 20:47:41
- Harare City Council to demolish illegal structures | 2013 April 28 07:14:44
- Harare fast running out of water treatment chemicals | 2013 April 21 08:10:27
- Harare loses over US$325 000 | 2013 April 20 01:28:17
- Nigeria Football Federation thanks TB Joshua for Cote D'lvoire win | 2013 February 05 09:06:50 | 11169 views
- Bosso star impregnates six women? | 2013 April 26 14:49:16 | 11086 views
- Bosso - DeMbare Match update - Live | 2013 April 21 12:52:08 | 10562 views
- Musona suspended by FC Augsburg | 2013 January 12 07:47:57 | 10106 views
- Peter Ndlovu updates fans on his health status | 2013 February 19 10:59:18 | 9542 views
Second half substitute Quinton Masika's stoppage time goal wrecked Dynamos' hopes of closing the gap on the leading pack.
The result left Dynamos on eighth position with 14 points, a massive nine points from log leaders Highlanders who travel to Motor Action on Saturday.
The win did not do much for Harare City though as they remained on 12th position with 11 points.
However, they closed gap on their nearest rivals Motor Action to just three points.
Dynamos supporters mobbed club chairman Kenny Mubaiwa at the end of the match and police had to use force to disperse them.
The mob then gathered outside the stadium where they sang and chanted for the immediate sacking of coach Kalisto Pasuwa.
Pasuwa conceded his team never came to the party.
"The better side of the day won the match. We created chances, but we failed to take them and we were punished. Harare City took their chance and that's the name of the game," said Pasuwa.
"The goal was a result of lack of concentration at the back. There were at least four guys who were in the box when the cross came in, but none closed down on the striker," Pasuwa added.
Dynamos clash with Gunners at Lafarge Stadium on Sunday.
Harare City coach Bigboy Mawiwi, whose side had won once before yesterday's result looked a very relieved man.
"I'm really excited about the result today, I'm overwhelmed," said Mawiwi.
"We have been playing well in the previous matches it's only that the results have not been coming. We have had too many draws which was a result of lack of experience in the squad, but the boys are looking good now," added the former Dynamos coach.
In a game that saw midfielder Denver Mukamba red carded in the closing minutes of the match and substitute Takesure Chinyama hitting the post in optional time, Dynamos never looked like a team capable of winning the match.
City made a fast start to the match, taking the game to their more fancied opponents with former Dynamos midfielder Nathan Ziwini going close after he had been afforded too much space in the box. His goal bound effort was blocked by defender Guthrie Zhokinyi.
On the other end, Tawanda Muparati and Mukamba also had shots on target that were saved.
Dynamos goalkeeper Washington Arubi was forced to make a reaction save to deny Silas Songani in the 32nd minute. The exciting right sided midfielder had his other effort crashing against the crossbar 10 minutes later before failing from inside the six yard box in the second half.
In between, Dynamos had the chance to take a lead, but off colour strikers Rodreck Mutuma and Martin Vengesai put their efforts wide.
The two were hauled off midway through the second half and in came Takesure Chinyama and Derick Kabwe, but besides teasing the opposition and their fans with some deft touches, the duo's contribution was also minimal.
Chinyama however hit the upright with a left footed shot in the 92nd minute and from the rebound Kabwe blazed over with a scissors kick.
From the resultant goal kick, the goalkeeper launched a long ball upfront to find Songani whose cross into the danger area was tapped in by Masika. It was the last kick of the match.
Staff Reporter | 2013 May 23 | 308 Views
Staff Reporter | 2013 May 23 | 389 Views
Staff Reporter | 2013 May 23 | 472 Views
Moyo Roy | 2013 May 22 | 559 Views
AFP | 2013 May 22 | 445 Views
Delta Milayo Ndou | 2013 May 22 | 534 Views
Sports reporter | 2013 May 22 | 965 Views
Masowe eChishanu | 2013 May 22 | 1026 Views
amnesty.org | 2013 May 22 | 821 Views
New Ziana | 2013 May 22 | 585 Views
Ndou Paul | 2013 May 22 | 848 Views
Ndou Paul | 2013 May 22 | 967 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 22 | 1110 Views
Den Moyo | 2013 May 22 | 1756 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 22 | 2253 Views
Staff Reporter | 2013 May 22 | 1042 Views
Own correspondent | 2013 May 22 | 1433 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 22 | 2902 Views
Joshua Mhambi | 2013 May 22 | 2291 Views
Blessing Ivan Vava | 2013 May 21 | 1574 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 21 | 4300 Views
Moyo Roy | 2013 May 20 | 5272 Views
TMZ | 2013 May 20 | 2239 Views
Emmanuel Ndlovu | 2013 May 18 | 2214 Views
Arts reporter | 2013 May 17 | 2122 Views