Zifa demands $73 000 from Benjani Mwaruwari
2012 August 05 17:35:53 | 2912 Views
- Ingabe ikuphatheleni i-MDC, njalo kusizani ukuyivotela? | 2013 May 13 17:03:55 | 2732 views
- Ikuphatheleni iMDC, kusiza ngani ukuyivotela? | 2013 May 08 19:28:47 | 2734 views
- MDC-T on course | 2013 March 27 14:05:12 | 6634 views
- People will vote for a party with sustainable economic programmes | 2013 March 04 02:36:52 | 7411 views
- Introducing: Election (2013) campaign articles | 2013 March 02 11:08:41 | 5973 views
- Benjani Mwaruwari under 16 Tournament results | 2013 May 11 22:23:41
- Zifa opposes Bantu Rovers' expulsion | 2013 April 18 08:00:56
- Benjani Mwaruwari, family and football | 2013 April 06 07:31:56
- Chidzambwa not suing Zifa | 2013 April 06 07:25:30
- Zifa ordered to pay Mapeza $243 000 for unfair dismissal | 2013 March 09 11:30:05
- Nigeria Football Federation thanks TB Joshua for Cote D'lvoire win | 2013 February 05 09:06:50 | 11125 views
- Bosso star impregnates six women? | 2013 April 26 14:49:16 | 10945 views
- Bosso - DeMbare Match update - Live | 2013 April 21 12:52:08 | 10458 views
- Musona suspended by FC Augsburg | 2013 January 12 07:47:57 | 10044 views
- Peter Ndlovu updates fans on his health status | 2013 February 19 10:59:18 | 9475 views
A galaxy of football stars invaded Zimbabwe in May during Mwaruwari's testimonial held at the National Sports Stadium in Harare in a match that featured the Warriors and a team assembled by Mwaruwari.
The match was attended by 40 000 fans but Zifa are yet to get their levies.
Zifa chief executive officer, Jonathan Mashingaidze said the association's board had resolved yesterday, during a meeting to demand a reconciliatory statement from the former Manchester City player and also demand the dues owed to the mother association.
"The board resolved to seek a reconciliatory statement from Benjani and we are also demanding what the player owes Zifa for the testimonial.
"There are levies that Mwaruwari was supposed to pay for the match, we wrote to him and reminded him that he should cough up but to no avail," said Mashingaidze.
"He owes a total of $73 000 for the Zifa levy and fees for the various committees that were in place during the hosting of the game," he said.
Mashingaidze said the board might be forced to resort to the relevant statutes as they seek to recover the monies from the former Portsmouth player.
International soccer stars, including Nwanku Kano, Lucas Radebe, Aaron Mokoena, Lomana Lua Lua, John Pantsil, Christopher Samba and El Hadji Diouf among others featured in the Friends of Benjani team.
Mwaruwari, however, seems to have fallen out with Zifa following his close association with former Zifa CEO and Asiagate accused, Henrietta Rushwaya during the hosting of the game.
Mashingaidze also added that the football motherbody would be coming down hard on the affiliates and clubs that are yet to pay what they owe the national football association.
"Sporting and other such levies which are long overdue should now be paid by the various clubs that owe them.
"The board resolved that we come down hard and apply the relevant statutes to those that are failing to pay these levies," he added.
Meanwhile, Mashingaidze said the board also resolved to float a tender for the supply of the national team's replica jerseys and other related merchandise.
He said they will be floating the tender this coming week as they seek to fill in a void that has resulted in most Zimbabweans buying jerseys of South Africa's national team, Bafana Bafana.
"We will be notifying prospective partners on the tender next week (this week)," he said.
At the same meeting the board paid tribute to Zifa president, Cuthbert Dube, for the efforts he was making to keep the national association afloat.
"The board expressed their appreciation to the president as he is the one who is funding the core activities of the association. The board resolved to release a statement expressing their appreciation," said Mashingaidze.
Source: Sunday News
Gift Phiri | aljazeera.com | 2013 May 20 | 1162 Views
Fuyane, Lovemore | 2013 May 20 | 929 Views
Sapa | 2013 May 20 | 826 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 20 | 3325 Views
Own correspondent | 2013 May 20 | 925 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 20 | 2026 Views
Aljazeera | 2013 May 20 | 1201 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 20 | 2486 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 20 | 1453 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 20 | 1950 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 20 | 2084 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 20 | 760 Views
Augustine Hwata | 2013 May 20 | 1305 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 20 | 1893 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 20 | 2723 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 20 | 2886 Views
Court Reporter | 2013 May 20 | 1561 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 20 | 1461 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 20 | 1127 Views
TMZ | 2013 May 20 | 981 Views
Emmanuel Ndlovu | 2013 May 18 | 1710 Views
Arts reporter | 2013 May 17 | 1923 Views
Entertainment Correspondent | 2013 May 17 | 2432 Views
Moyo Roy | 2013 May 16 | 2101 Views
Vasco Shaya | 2013 May 16 | 3834 Views
Staff Reporter | 2013 May 15 | 1993 Views
Arts Correspondent | 2013 May 14 | 2834 Views
Carter Chapwanya | 2013 May 14 | 2304 Views