Edin Dzeko taunts Man Utd after signing for City
2011 January 12 04:28:54 | 7485 Views
- Ingabe ikuphatheleni i-MDC, njalo kusizani ukuyivotela? | 2013 May 13 17:03:55 | 2693 views
- Ikuphatheleni iMDC, kusiza ngani ukuyivotela? | 2013 May 08 19:28:47 | 2709 views
- MDC-T on course | 2013 March 27 14:05:12 | 6596 views
- People will vote for a party with sustainable economic programmes | 2013 March 04 02:36:52 | 7378 views
- Introducing: Election (2013) campaign articles | 2013 March 02 11:08:41 | 5947 views
- Welshman Ncube making inroads in Mashonaland East | 2013 May 19 09:43:23
- Mozambique rejects all demands by Renamo | 2013 May 18 07:43:14
- Welshman Ncube refutes election deal with Mugabe | 2013 May 17 08:25:24
- Manhunt for $412 000 armed robbers | 2013 May 15 09:12:26
- Roberto Mancini fired | 2013 May 14 12:43:22
- Nigeria Football Federation thanks TB Joshua for Cote D'lvoire win | 2013 February 05 09:06:50 | 11119 views
- Bosso star impregnates six women? | 2013 April 26 14:49:16 | 10924 views
- Bosso - DeMbare Match update - Live | 2013 April 21 12:52:08 | 10453 views
- Musona suspended by FC Augsburg | 2013 January 12 07:47:57 | 10035 views
- Peter Ndlovu updates fans on his health status | 2013 February 19 10:59:18 | 9466 views
The Bosnian joined City from Wolfsburg for a reported fee of £27m last week.
"I have heard a lot about the fans and that most of the people from Manchester are Manchester City fans," the 24-year-old said at a news conference.
Premier League leaders United are two points ahead of City in the table, with two games in hand.
Since billionaire Arab tycoon Sheikh Mansour completed his takeover in 2009, City's spending has eclipsed that of their local rivals at Old Trafford.
City also angered United in the summer of 2009 by displaying a "Welcome to Manchester" poster on completing the transfer of Carlos Tevez from his advisors, the Argentine striker having spent the 2007-08 and 2008-09 campaigns on loan at United, who had deemed an asking price of £25m to be excessive.
United manager Sir Alex Ferguson retorted by branding City a "small club" while later describing them as "noisy neighbours" after his side's controversial 4-3 derby victory in September 2009.
Dzeko's signing is further proof of City's financial clout and the striker added that he was relishing the prospect of playing for a club he believes are well equipped to match his own ambitions.
"I saw something else in Man City. It's a big club and I'm an ambitious player and I think we can have a lot of success together," he continued.
"It's a project. I need to say it's a very good team with a very good coach. It was three-and-a-half beautiful years with Wolfsburg and we had a lot of success, winning the league for the first time in our history.
"I was very happy there but I wanted to change, try something new and better and that's why I'm here."
City manager Roberto Mancini hailed the signing of the Bosnian international, who has scored 66 goals in 111 games in Germany, including 10 goals in 17 league games this season.
"I am very happy the club bought Dzeko," Italian Mancini stated. "I think he'll be a very important player for the future of this club.
"We wanted him in the summer because we knew he was the perfect player for us. He is different from the other players we have. Now we have a good mix. I hope he can score a lot of goals like in Germany.
"I think we spoke with him six months ago for the first time. We wanted to know if there was a chance to buy him but we do this now in January.
"It's important because now we are in a good position in the league. With one player like him we can improve in the Premier League and the Europa League. We have more chances in this moment."
Although Dzeko's signing is expected to trigger the departures of fellow strikers Emmanuel Adebayor and Roque Santa Cruz, the Bosnian will still form part of an impressive forward unit available to Mancini, alongside Jo, Mario Balotelli and Tevez.
Staff Reporter | 2013 May 19 | 723 Views
Staff Reporter | 2013 May 19 | 555 Views
Staff Reporter | 2013 May 19 | 1687 Views
Staff Reporter | 2013 May 19 | 1076 Views
Gaye Davis, City Press | 2013 May 19 | 1807 Views
Staff Reporter | 2013 May 19 | 1199 Views
Stephen Grootes | 2013 May 19 | 1036 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 19 | 2841 Views
Moyo Roy | 2013 May 19 | 3717 Views
Moyo Roy | 2013 May 19 | 2882 Views
STaff reporter | 2013 May 19 | 3129 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 19 | 1397 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 19 | 2454 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 19 | 1056 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 19 | 1256 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 19 | 1192 Views
MDC Spokesman | 2013 May 19 | 1001 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 19 | 972 Views
Sports reporter | 2013 May 19 | 1115 Views
Emmanuel Ndlovu | 2013 May 18 | 1532 Views
Arts reporter | 2013 May 17 | 1832 Views
Entertainment Correspondent | 2013 May 17 | 2235 Views
Moyo Roy | 2013 May 16 | 2000 Views
Vasco Shaya | 2013 May 16 | 3675 Views
Staff Reporter | 2013 May 15 | 1964 Views