Latest News Editor's Choice


News / National

Bhebhe still to receive suspension notice from Tsvangirai

by Staff reporter
28 Aug 2017 at 06:34hrs | Views
SUSPENDED MDC-T organising secretary Abednico Bhebhe yesterday declined to comment over the disciplinary action taken against him by the party, saying he would only announce his next move after receiving official communication over his suspension.

Bhebhe was last week suspended alongside six party youths over their alleged links to recent intra-party clashes which left him, MDC-T vice-president Thokozani Khupe and party chairman Lovemore Moyo bruised after they were assaulted by party youths.

Bhebhe stands accused of telling the media that the youths who attacked them had been sent by party leader Morgan Tsvangirai.

"For now it is business as usual, I will only take a stand once I have been served with the papers notifying me of my suspension. So far, nothing official has been communicated to me as yet," Bhebhe told Southern Eye yesterday.

MDC-T secretary-general Douglas Mwonzora confirmed that Bhebhe had not yet been served with his letter of suspension.

"What is true is that he has not been served with a letter of suspension. I think it is because the extraordinary national executive meeting took place on Friday and I don't think the letter has been written yet," Mwonzora said.

"Am not sure as to how long the suspension is. A suspension is never a permanent thing. It is suspension pending disciplinary action and it can be in two forms. The first where there is a disciplinary tribunal established or where Bhebhe makes his representations before the national council and it (NC) decides whether to proceed or not."


Source - newsday

Subscribe

Email: