Bashed DJ not sure if she will do a Rihanna-Chris Brown with ex-lover
2013 January 14 10:47:06 | 2831 Views
- Ingabe ikuphatheleni i-MDC, njalo kusizani ukuyivotela? | 2013 May 13 17:03:55 | 2693 views
- Ikuphatheleni iMDC, kusiza ngani ukuyivotela? | 2013 May 08 19:28:47 | 2707 views
- MDC-T on course | 2013 March 27 14:05:12 | 6596 views
- People will vote for a party with sustainable economic programmes | 2013 March 04 02:36:52 | 7378 views
- Introducing: Election (2013) campaign articles | 2013 March 02 11:08:41 | 5947 views
- SA-based DJ inspired by the late Tongai Moyo | 2013 March 27 07:55:53
- DJ Black Coffee asks YFM to stop playing his music | 2013 April 20 21:15:43 | 28308 views
- 'Prophet Makandiwa's prophecy is a lie,' say Zhakata | 2013 January 22 10:38:00 | 14946 views
- Rihanna dresses in a see-through outfit showing her boobs - Photos | 2013 January 25 20:01:49 | 13927 views
- David Masondo and Deborah Fraser considering tying the knot | 2013 January 28 21:56:37 | 11403 views
- Oskido's Tsa Mandebele SA's hottest 2012 song | 2013 January 01 00:35:21 | 10007 views
"Did I forgive Brian? Yes, I did, the very morning after he beat me, I forgave him. Do I talk to Brian? Yes, I do talk to Brian. Are we going to do a Rihanna-Chris Brown? Honestly, I am not yet sure.
"See, there was the issue of the court case, which was a month long, and soon after it was the festive season and I haven’t had time to recollect, to come to my senses. Once I gather my emotions and feelings together, I will make a decision. But the bottom line is I have forgiven him.
"You will be amazed by the amount and kind of support I got from listeners, young and old, male and female, for making that stand, to come out in the open and speak out about the abuse.
"Many people are suffering in silence, for fear of coming out in the open, but my coming out was for a reason, maybe it was divine that I had to be the face of domestic violence, because the incident coincided with the 16 Days.
"There are lessons to be learnt from my experience, both from victim and perpetrator point of views. Whereas the focus is usually on the victim, the perpetrator is left without much counselling.
"Today when I speak to Brian, he tells me he does not know what got into his head, he does not know why he beat me and he constantly asks me to forgive him. I have forgiven him but he needs to be counselled, as much I need counselling.
"That experience spurred me to think around an initiative about speaking out and soon I will be working on Speak Out-Handinyarari, as an advocacy group."
TIN Tin who is 33 years old revealed she cannot have children.
"I have a medical condition, and technically I cannot have children. It is a condition that I have accepted and maybe with God’s grace some other time I might be blessed, but medical opinion is that I cannot have children. I was operated on when I was 13 and it was explained to me then that I will not have children. I must add, though, that I am a god-mother to many of cousins’ children so I don’t really feel the pressure of not holding my own.
"Even if I do get that pressure later on in life, I will adopt, there are many children who need a mother."
Staff Reporter | 2013 May 19 | 594 Views
Staff Reporter | 2013 May 19 | 475 Views
Staff Reporter | 2013 May 19 | 1490 Views
Staff Reporter | 2013 May 19 | 933 Views
Gaye Davis, City Press | 2013 May 19 | 1675 Views
Staff Reporter | 2013 May 19 | 1128 Views
Stephen Grootes | 2013 May 19 | 990 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 19 | 2741 Views
Moyo Roy | 2013 May 19 | 3642 Views
Moyo Roy | 2013 May 19 | 2834 Views
STaff reporter | 2013 May 19 | 3057 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 19 | 1374 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 19 | 2399 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 19 | 1024 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 19 | 1227 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 19 | 1155 Views
MDC Spokesman | 2013 May 19 | 974 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 19 | 949 Views
Sports reporter | 2013 May 19 | 1100 Views
Bekezela Maduma Fuzwayo | 2013 May 19 | 1518 Views
Eyewitness News | 2013 May 19 | 4005 Views
Staff Reporter | 2013 May 19 | 2023 Views
Sapa-AFP | 2013 May 19 | 1252 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 19 | 1313 Views
Emmanuel Ndlovu | 2013 May 18 | 1524 Views
Arts reporter | 2013 May 17 | 1825 Views
Entertainment Correspondent | 2013 May 17 | 2227 Views
Moyo Roy | 2013 May 16 | 1997 Views
Vasco Shaya | 2013 May 16 | 3668 Views
Staff Reporter | 2013 May 15 | 1962 Views
Arts Correspondent | 2013 May 14 | 2762 Views
Carter Chapwanya | 2013 May 14 | 2277 Views
Own Correspondent | 2013 May 14 | 1382 Views