MDC-T leaders have absorbed the Zanu-PF mentality - Bennett
2012 May 11 11:16:54 | 2547 Views
- Ingabe ikuphatheleni i-MDC, njalo kusizani ukuyivotela? | 2013 May 13 17:03:55 | 3069 views
- Ikuphatheleni iMDC, kusiza ngani ukuyivotela? | 2013 May 08 19:28:47 | 2856 views
- MDC-T on course | 2013 March 27 14:05:12 | 6767 views
- People will vote for a party with sustainable economic programmes | 2013 March 04 02:36:52 | 7579 views
- Introducing: Election (2013) campaign articles | 2013 March 02 11:08:41 | 6120 views
- MDC-T bigwigs accused of trying to rig elections | 2013 May 21 03:18:21
- Tsvangirai led MDC fingered in Chegutu violence | 2013 May 20 19:02:53
- MDC-T primaries set for May 24 | 2013 May 19 09:53:30
- 'Zimbabwe land reform has failed,' says Bennett | 2013 May 18 00:24:13
- MDC-T to hold its National Policy Conference in Harare | 2013 May 16 14:42:57
- Prostitute dies during love making, 'resurrects' in coffin | 2013 March 23 10:13:12 | 85772 views
- Woman sends photo of naked President Mugabe via Whatsapp | 2013 January 10 15:04:10 | 46853 views
- Zim woman who had sex with boyfriend as son watched named | 2013 January 31 09:05:43 | 45208 views
- Man marries mother-in-law after his wife died | 2013 January 16 11:05:42 | 30792 views
This might explain the reason why The MDC-T leader Morgan Tsvangirai has flown to the United States ostensibly to try to win the confidence of his party's supporters and sponsors who are clamouring for leadership change in the party.
Bennett, who is believed to be in Britain, said there was a growing tendency among the democratic forces in Zimbabwe to "disparage the Diaspora" as if those inside the country were making all the sacrifices while those outside should "shut up and put up."
Writing on his Facebook wall, Bennett posted: "Is our thinking becoming Zanufied? Maybe there is more to all this than meets the eye. Perhaps there are some at home who are trying to make themselves heroes and legends because they have something to hide? Some of those throwing stones at our Diaspora are on the gravy train at home. Far from being heroes of the struggle, they are making love to Zanu-PF and living like kings. We are neither blind nor stupid."
But MDC-T national organising secretary Nelson Chamisa yesterday downplayed Bennett's attack, describing his utterances as "a statement of warning" rather than a "vote of no confidence" in the party leadership.
Coincidentally, Bennett's attack came amid reports MDC-T was battling to contain factional fights and intra-party clashes in most of its structures countrywide.
Bennett said some of the party leaders had turned arrogant and "absorbed the Zanu-PF (amafikizolo) mentality by implying that those who left the country long ago must be quiet and do not have a role to play".
"Some of these people are living like kings while pretending to be heroes. The fundamental problem is that some leaders are not respecting the people on the ground â€” both people at home and people abroad. Some have developed big heads and are not listening to the people.
"What I want to see is ordinary Zimbabweans taking control of our party and our country. The people inside and outside Zimbabwe must choose who they want and not put up with politicians who are out of order and who think they have a God-given right to their positions," Bennett said.
Chamisa however said: "It's (Bennett's comments) a reflection of our direction, that it (the party) should be owned by the people, as it is, and not the elites. It's a statement of warning and a statement of advice.
"I speak to Bennett everyday and we share the same views. Nobody in the MDC is happy with the marriage of convenience (government of national unity). It is a strategic necessity rather than an earned luxury."
Vince Musewe | 2013 May 23 | 304 Views
Sapa | 2013 May 23 | 693 Views
Sapa | 2013 May 23 | 812 Views
AFP | 2013 May 23 | 1173 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 23 | 2303 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 23 | 2424 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 23 | 2507 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 23 | 2080 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 23 | 2128 Views
Staff Reporter | 2013 May 23 | 991 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 23 | 2713 Views
Gordon Rayner and Steven Swinford | 2013 May 23 | 1451 Views
Liberty Dube | 2013 May 23 | 2311 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 23 | 1834 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 23 | 2712 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 23 | 2232 Views
Daily Graphic | 2013 May 23 | 1839 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 23 | 1897 Views
Sunday World | 2013 May 23 | 2868 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 23 | 2111 Views
Robert Mugabe | 2013 May 23 | 1492 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 23 | 1753 Views
Court reporter | 2013 May 23 | 1493 Views
Sports reporter | 2013 May 23 | 3155 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 23 | 512 Views
Blessing Ivan Vava | 2013 May 21 | 1735 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 21 | 4528 Views
Moyo Roy | 2013 May 20 | 5625 Views
TMZ | 2013 May 20 | 2345 Views
Emmanuel Ndlovu | 2013 May 18 | 2252 Views