Goblins saga, girl dies under 'mysterious' circumstances
2012 May 29 08:06:46 | 3110 Views
- Ingabe ikuphatheleni i-MDC, njalo kusizani ukuyivotela? | 2013 May 13 17:03:55 | 2886 views
- Ikuphatheleni iMDC, kusiza ngani ukuyivotela? | 2013 May 08 19:28:47 | 2795 views
- MDC-T on course | 2013 March 27 14:05:12 | 6693 views
- People will vote for a party with sustainable economic programmes | 2013 March 04 02:36:52 | 7475 views
- Introducing: Election (2013) campaign articles | 2013 March 02 11:08:41 | 6054 views
- 'Goblin' impregnates woman, while hubby was away for two yrs | 2013 May 18 09:56:21
- Goblin threatens to organise demonstration | 2013 May 17 14:03:20
- ZBC manager in court over goblins | 2013 May 08 11:36:45
- Goblin demands to drop off a kombi | 2013 May 04 22:56:33
- Woman in 'trouble' for 'mistreating' goblin | 2013 April 26 09:33:32
- Prostitute dies during love making, 'resurrects' in coffin | 2013 March 23 10:13:12 | 84944 views
- Woman sends photo of naked President Mugabe via Whatsapp | 2013 January 10 15:04:10 | 46411 views
- Zim woman who had sex with boyfriend as son watched named | 2013 January 31 09:05:43 | 44850 views
- Man marries mother-in-law after his wife died | 2013 January 16 11:05:42 | 30521 views
The death, which occurred on Wednesday, has divided villagers with some saying the goblins that were allegedly removed from village head Moffat Ncube's home were responsible for the death.
Eighty-one-year-old Ncube allegedly committed suicide on 19 May after goblin hunters said he was responsible for supernatural creatures that were reportedly sexually abusing teachers at Nhlupho Primary and Secondary schools.
A villager who asked not to be named said the girl fell ill on Sunday last week, saying something was eating into her left thigh, and died on Wednesday.
"She was perfectly healthy and only had a boil on her right leg. However, on Sunday she started screaming saying something was burrowing into her left thigh and causing unbearable pain. We think it is those goblins because no one could see anything," said the villager.
A teacher at Nhlupho said villagers believed that the goblins were now feeding on human flesh because their owner was no longer around to give them food.
Another villager said the goblins issue was causing people in the village to distrust each other.
"Everyone was moved by this girl's death because it is painful to lose a child under such strange circumstances.
"However, I think authorities should come in before this goblin matter gets out of hand. This area has no chief to solve such disputes and if this finger-pointing is allowed to continue, it could result in bloodshed," said the villager.
Ncube's daughter, Ms Rita Ncube (35), said people who claimed goblins from her father's homestead killed the girl were being mischievous.
"If there were ever any goblins at our homestead, those tsikamutandas from Binga removed them. Whoever said there are goblins here has a personal score to settle. It is all lies and as a family, we are not happy about it," said Ms Ncube.
Contacted for comment, Chief Nyangazonke Ndiweni, who has jurisdiction over neighbouring villages, said the goblin exorcism ceremony was illegal to begin with.
"I do not know how these people secured the services of witch hunters because only a chief can authorise such an action. Without a chief's consent or supervision, such actions are illegal," said Chief Ndiweni.
He said he would liaise with other traditional leaders in the district to come up with a way to put the matter to rest.
"Emotions usually fly where a human life has been lost. It is up to traditional leaders to rein in superstitions to avoid unnecessary confrontations. We will sit down with other chiefs to discuss a speedy solution to the problem," he said.
Ndou Paul | 2013 May 21 | 38 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 21 | 41 Views
Sports reporter | 2013 May 21 | 1049 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 21 | 3232 Views
Staff Reporter | 2013 May 21 | 3273 Views
Francis Mufambi | 2013 May 21 | 1226 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 21 | 2372 Views
Theafricareport | 2013 May 21 | 1682 Views
The Associated Press | 2013 May 21 | 1385 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 21 | 1937 Views
Own Correspondent | 2013 May 21 | 3027 Views
realbuzz.com | 2013 May 21 | 2372 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 21 | 4956 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 21 | 1536 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 21 | 2186 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 21 | 1764 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 21 | 2256 Views
Mutumwa Mawere | 2013 May 21 | 2423 Views
Abel Zhakata in MUTARE | 2013 May 21 | 1606 Views
Daily News | 2013 May 21 | 2720 Views
Sports Reporter | 2013 May 21 | 2326 Views
Sports reporter | 2013 May 21 | 1831 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 21 | 2550 Views
New Ziana. | 2013 May 21 | 1106 Views
Blessing Ivan Vava | 2013 May 21 | 662 Views
Staff reporter | 2013 May 21 | 3045 Views
Moyo Roy | 2013 May 20 | 4017 Views
TMZ | 2013 May 20 | 1867 Views
Emmanuel Ndlovu | 2013 May 18 | 1993 Views
Arts reporter | 2013 May 17 | 2034 Views
Entertainment Correspondent | 2013 May 17 | 2708 Views
Moyo Roy | 2013 May 16 | 2240 Views
Vasco Shaya | 2013 May 16 | 4129 Views