Opinion / Women's Corner
Sunday Women Matters with Blondie - ZAACA
18 May 2014 at 13:19hrs | Views
In a bid to make HIV programming more responsive to the needs of women and girls, Zimbabwe has put in place a framework known as ZAACA. ZAACA stands for Zimbabwe Agenda for Accelerated Country Action for Women, Girls, Gender Equality and AIDS.
ZAACA has the following five outcomes;
1. To ensure access to comprehensive HIV prevention, treatment, care and support services for women and girls
2. To integrate HIV into sexual and reproductive health and other health and social services.
3. To ensure that women and girls are empowered to drive the transformation of social norms and power dynamics with the engagement of men and boys in working for gender equality in the context of HIV.
4. To develop a research agenda to gather evidence for better planning, programming and implementation of programmes.
5. To mobilise resources for implementation of the framework.
The Ministry of Health is also spearheading the development of a comprehensive Sexual and Reproductive Health and HIV and AIDS policy.
It is important for us to acquaint ourselves with policy and legislation that affect our lives so that we are better- placed to claim our rights. Information on the difèrent policies will enable us to participate in and contribute to further policy formulation,and hold responsible authorities accountable to implementation of policy and fulfillment of obligations to us as citizens.
Source - Byo24News
All articles and letters published on Bulawayo24 have been independently written by members of Bulawayo24's community. The views of users published on Bulawayo24 are therefore their own and do not necessarily represent the views of Bulawayo24. Bulawayo24 editors also reserve the right to edit or delete any and all comments received.