Lifestyle / Eats
Recipe: Chicken mango wraps with salsa and rocket
02 Mar 2013 at 08:44hrs | Views
Low-fat recipe full of protein and vegetables
There is something very convivial about sitting at the table and assembling your own wrap. You put in exactly what you want, you eat it with your fingers (yes, you will definitely need napkins or kitchen towel with this meal!), and there is always the temptation to pile on too much delicious spicy chicken and fresh salsa, which means you invariably end up with the whole thing falling apart on you.
Chicken mango wraps with salsa and rocket
This dish is a great way of eating a whole variety of fruit and green vegetables, with the added benefit of good, low-fat protein from the chicken.
1. Mix the marinade ingredients together, add the chicken (with skin for extra flavour, but if you want to cut out the fat, use skinless) and leave for up to 24 hours ' don't worry if you don't have the time ' 10 minutes is better than nothing!
2. Heat the grill and place the chicken on a strong piece of aluminium foil, folded up at the sides around the chicken to catch the juices.
3. Cook the chicken under the grill for about 10 to 15 minutes, coating frequently with the marinade, including the lumps of mango from the chutney. Turn the chicken halfway through cooking. When the chicken is almost cooked, make sure it is skin side up so that it can crisp up.
4. Meanwhile prepare the yoghurt sauce and chill, then chop up the mango, cucumber and tomato into small cubes and place in a bowl with the rest of the salsa ingredients. You can use green, red or yellow peppers as well if you like. Put the rocket into a serving bowl.
5. Wrap the tortilla wraps in foil and warm them in the oven for a few minutes.
6. Carve the chicken breasts into diagonal strips, and place on a serving dish. Discard any fat in the foil tray and then add a glug of balsamic vinegar and scrape off the tasty bits stuck onto the foil. Pour over the chicken. Decorate with coriander leaves.
7. Arrange the salsa, yoghurt sauce, chicken and rocket on the table and then prepare your wraps. Add a little bit of everything, roll the wrap like a pancake, cut it in half, pick it up and eat it.
2 large handfuls of rocket or watercress
2 free-range chicken breasts
For the marinade:
2 tbs mango chutney
√Ç¬Ω tbs madras curry paste
1 tsp ground coriander
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tbs olive oil
1 tbs lemon juice
For the salsa:
6 firm cherry tomatoes
√Ç¬Ω tsp coriander seed, crushed in pestle and mortar
Handful of mint, roughly chopped
Handful of coriander, roughly chopped
Juice of √Ç¬Ω lime
Glug of olive oil
For the yoghurt sauce:
200ml low-fat natural yoghurt
Pinch of chilli powder
√Ç¬Ω tsp ground coriander
√Ç¬Ω tsp ground cumin
Preparation: 20 minutes + up to 24 hours to marinate chicken (optional)
Cooking: 15 minutes
Good for: A lovely fresh-tasting, healthy low-fat meal. Great for Saturday lunch if you have guests
Calories (kcal): 360
Protein (g): 37.1
Carbs (g): 20.5
Fat (g): 14.7
Fibre (g): 1.7
5 apps to improve your sex life
10 sex dreams explained
Follow realbuzz on Facebook
Source - Realbuzz.com