Latest News Editor's Choice


News / National

Grade zero pupil dies after drinking battery acid

by Simbarashe Sithole
14 Sep 2017 at 17:11hrs | Views
A sombre mood has engulfed Maplamka farm, Mutorashanga in Mashonaland West province, following the death of a grade zero pupil who allegedly drank battery acid yesterday.

Apparently 6-year-old Abigail Kwainona was instructed to go and leave the battery acid at home but instead she drank it.

She is said to have gone to play but about 30 minutes later, she came back complaining of a stomachache.

Confirming the death to Bulawayo24.com, Wellington Kwainona, Abigail's father, said they tried to help her by giving her raw eggs but it was futile.

"The girl drank battery acid only to come back 30 minutes complaining of stomachache, we gave her raw eggs forcing her to vomit.

"When we decided to take her to Mutorashanga clinic she died along the way," explained the father.

Source - Byo24News