Latest News Editor's Choice


News / National

Boy (2) mistakes pesticide for a cool drink, dies

by Staff reporter
02 May 2013 at 05:02hrs | Views
A two-year-old boy from Mvuma who drank pesticide after mistaking it for a cool drink died on the way to hospital last Monday.

The boy, Sethukile Aaron Mpofu of Plot 2 Central Estates, Mvuma, went to the dining room when his mother was taking a nap outside.

He took a bottle containing pesticide and drank the contents.

When the mother woke up, she found her son frothing at the mouth and discovered that he had drunk the pesticide, with the empty bottle lying on the ground.

The boy told her he thought it was a cool drink.


Source - newsday

Subscribe

Email: